Mb usage

Seymour324

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Im really hoping that verizon doesn't switch to tierd data plans. Im currently on the third day of my monthly billing cycle and i have already racked up 89mb of data. Anyone else feel to share their data usage?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've got 8 days left on my billing cycle and I've only used 1 GB of data on VZW's network. Most of the time I'm connected to a WiFi network.

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have been told do not know if it is rumor or not that if Verizon does start tierd plan it will only be for new activations... Everyone else will be grandfathered if you are on unlimited

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been told do not know if it is rumor or not that if Verizon does start tierd plan it will only be for new activations... Everyone else will be grandfathered if you are on unlimited

That's partially true. You will be grandfathered but only until you sign a new contract. Once that happens you will have to chose a tiered plan.

nemesis099

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
That's partially true. You will be grandfathered but only until you sign a new contract. Once that happens you will have to chose a tiered plan.

Nope you can keep your old plans but this means you can't make any changes typically to the plan or you have a new contract that will be tiered.

From my understanding this is how AT&T is doing it and there is no way Verizon can change the contract you sign which goes month to month once your two years is up. When you purchase a new phone and make no changes your current plan is renewed with all the same stipulations.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Id be surprised if you didn't get a nastygram from VZW. Their unlimited is really supposed to cap at 5GB

Well there's something funny about the way the cap works... I don't remember exactly how the fine print reads but it says something about "normal usage" and has a number of other vague terms. Basically when you go over the 5 GB limit your data speed will probably slow down and your account will be flagged. They'll look over your data usage and try to find any signs of "unusual" usage (I.E. using your DX as a wifi hotspot without paying for it). If they can find instances like that you'll get a bill for every MB over 5GB. And if you go really really far over they can close your account. However, if you just go over the 5GB rarely or occasionally I wouldn't worry about anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae