X want's froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossberry

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I as a loyal Motorola user would like to see just how may X users out there waiting for froyo.

The last word was late summer so at 310 on the 23rd of this month summer is officially over so as it sits they have 13 day's to produce a OTA for us .

I think the worst part of waiting for froyo is that there is just no information coming form ether Motorola nor Verizon. :eek:

So if any of you droid heads have any ideas or information I'd appreciate it

:confused: D 2 is just about operating on the same platform as X so how hard is it to push out froyo to X they've finished pushing to D 1 let's see some froyo love

thanks for your ear :cool:

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I think everyone (pretty much) is waiting for Froyo, to one degree or another. Sure seems awfully quiet from Moto and Verizon, tho. Not even a rumor any more.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's the veil of silence that irritates me. I mean c'mon how hard is it to have a twitter account and keep your customers informed? Is it too much to ask for 120-ish characters?

I have been pleasantly running the leaked 2.2, and it sure is a better experience. Sadly it feels incomplete and has a few bugs here and there. Nothing major that would turn your phone into a brick, but still there nonetheless.

The fact that they aren't giving a date tells me one thing: they don't HAVE a specific date. This is a bad thing. It means things probably aren't going as smooth as they would like in porting 2.2 to the X. Hopefully they keep to their word and things turn out alright, and we get our Froyo before Sept 23rd, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, according to the Moto support forums, it's supposed to be "early September", remember? I think that ship has sailed though. I've heard from Phil that there is a delay. I guess they really have to hurry for the end of summer date since early Sept. does not seem likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.