Rumor start for endless discussion...

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
OK guys. Everyone's sick of the 2.2 speculation for the DX. Here's something new to chew on ... a completely made-up rumor with no foundation whatsoever. Have at it!

Moto/Verizon will skip the 2.2 for the X and go straight to 3 Gingerbread - sometime in late winter.

Have fun!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Can't skip what most of of have for the most part already. Dl the leaked 2.2 and throw on Flyx. I gave up on the official 2.2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
You are missing the point here ... This is a "what if" scenario.

We all know 2.2 is due for the X sometime (hopefully) soon and why it's delayed. BUT, there is such a silence about 2.2 and the X, plus the X is the last hurrah for 2.2 ... gives one a chance to speculate.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You are missing the point here ... This is a "what if" scenario.

We all know 2.2 is due for the X sometime (hopefully) soon and why it's delayed. BUT, there is such a silence about 2.2 and the X, plus the X is the last hurrah for 2.2 ... gives one a chance to speculate.

I think VZW would be stupid not to ever release 2.2 for the DX (officially). They have GOT to get hundreds of annoying calls from owners asking about when the Froyo update will be pushed because they know so-and-so who has a "crappier" phone and they are already running 2.2.

That's my theory at least and I'm sticking to it :)

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Verizon just sent me an email to bring my phone to the store and they will install 2.2 for me. They have also offered me a $100 gift card as an apology for the delay. I made my appointment for first thing tomorrow morning. They said all emails are going out to customers who have signed up for my verizon first, those who haven't will have to wait for the ota to be pushed

mp0890

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon just sent me an email to bring my phone to the store and they will install 2.2 for me. They have also offered me a $100 gift card as an apology for the delay. I made my appointment for first thing tomorrow morning. They said all emails are going out to customers who have signed up for my verizon first, those who haven't will have to wait for the ota to be pushed

screenshot or it didnt happen

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
verizon just sent me an email to bring my phone to the store and they will install 2.2 for me. They have also offered me a $100 gift card as an apology for the delay. I made my appointment for first thing tomorrow morning. They said all emails are going out to customers who have signed up for my verizon first, those who haven't will have to wait for the ota to be pushed

rotflmao

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
That is so weird....a Verizon rep came to my house offering to update my phone to 2.5. I didn't think it fair to everyone else so I declined. Solidarity for my DX brethren!

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
My brother knows someone that knows someone at Motorola that knows some of the engineers in their mobile devices division and one of them owes a huge favor, needless to say... Unlocked bootloader!!! Too bad I can't share the key :(

Sent from my recently unlocked DROIDX using Tapatalk

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Because they delayed 2.2 to fix some bugs. Duh. :p

I have 2.2 on my Droid X, the first leaked version and I have 0 issues.

It's never bugged out on my, never crashed, never rebooted, all apps work fine, device is speedy as heck and I've never had a problem.. (knock on wood).

So I'm curious what bugs are in the leaked 2.2?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc