Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fantasy Football Players & NFL Fans

Is there a way to get live football games onto your Droid?
    MacGyver Wannabe

If you have NFL Sunday Ticket, the mobile app will allow you to watch full games. If you are a fool, and willing to pay and extra $10 a month for VCast, you can watch Thursday and Sunday night games with the NFL Mobile app.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

The mobile app is $50 extra, on top of the football package at $300
    MacGyver Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by dubge View Post
    The mobile app is $50 extra, on top of the football package at $300
    Ouch! I guess per my original sentiment above, only fools can get live football on their phones legally at the moment.

So the NFL Mobile app uses Vcast, so you pay another $10 correct?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post
    Ouch! I guess per my original sentiment above, only fools can get live football on their phones legally at the moment.
    So I'm a fool because I have 2.2 on my X with Flash and can stream live games?

OK
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

Default Re: Fantasy Football Players & NFL Fans

Mind sharing with us how?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    MacGyver Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by avlfive View Post
    So I'm a fool because I have 2.2 on my X with Flash and can stream live games?

OK
    Yes, because you likely aren't watching legal feeds and you need to downgrade to get back on the official upgrade train.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post
    Yes, because you likely aren't watching legal feeds and you need to downgrade to get back on the official upgrade train.
    how would the feed be illegal?
    MacGyver Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by dubge View Post
    how would the feed be illegal?
    The NFL has very strict policies on broadcasting, retransmitting, and blackout regions for game broadcasts. Having Froyo and Flash installed to watch games implies use of a less than legal video feed.

As I was typing this, the NFL broadcast message just aired.

Yea I do the NFL mobile through verizon. I use it with hdmi out to watch some games since I'm in NYC and time Warner doesn't have an NFL package.

The NFL mobil app is awesome. I am home at night for the late games. I plugged it in to the charger at work and let RedZone play all day. So i don't need to pay the ten dollars.

Yes I must agree...the RedZone is the real deal and for it to be free is absolutely the best...

My question is can you stream to Redzone to the TV via the hdmi cable...

Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

Quote Originally Posted by nismo View Post
    Yes I must agree...the RedZone is the real deal and for it to be free is absolutely the best...

My question is can you stream to Redzone to the TV via the hdmi cable...

Thanks!
    The question is how long will it be free, you KNOW vzw is going to try cash in on this.

If you cant use the HDMI out for this then there is a program in the market (dont remember the name) that will allow it

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Yeah the vzw NFL app "red zone" is free for now , but will it remain free or is it a marketing ploy to get people to purchase it if it ever goes off being free? Hmmm .

Thats the $10 dollar question , lol but free for now works for me ,,,,pfft but paying for idk about all that probably not . lol

are we referring to the NFL Mobile App or is there another app I need to find?
    My buddy tried to use the NFL Mobile App yesterday on his DINC and was prompted to sign into V cast....

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

That is the app, vzw said you needed a Vcast subscription for it at $10/month but I dont have that and was able to use it, I assume it will be free for a limited time. I just hope they didnt sneak in a way to get you to sign up for Vcast without realizing it, I know most people (myself included) go past all the terms and conditions crap when installing an app without really reading.

$10/mo.! That is insane to me. I would rather pay the $50 to directv on top of my football pkg to watch any gm I want every Sunday.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    touch wiz

I wish I would have known I could watch all the games on my phone for free with the nfl app yesterday when all the games were on. But get at least I know now. Hopefully between now and next sunday they don't decide to create Some type of method to charge us.

Sent from my DROIDX

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

yeah so far been free on vcast , but probably wont stay that way , so far I have not been prompted to pay anything , I could only view one game on sunday one 1 pm game and another 4pm , I didnt check anymore (random draw I guess) , but could listen to any of them.

I called VZW and got this:

If you downloaded (or bought the phone) before Aug1 than you have RedZone all season and must pay to watch the THUR/SUN games live.

I have had the phone since day one and RedZone worked, I called to make sure I wasnt charged and the Rep said I was good to go.

The Rep didnt know if RedZone is a premium content, but if you didnt get the app until after Aug1 than you must pay for all premium content after Today (Week 1).

Quote Originally Posted by jussumguy88 View Post
    I wish I would have known I could watch all the games on my phone for free with the nfl app yesterday when all the games were on. But get at least I know now. Hopefully between now and next sunday they don't decide to create Some type of method to charge us.

Sent from my DROIDX
    You know you can't watch the entire game right? They call it the "Red Zone" b/c thats all they are allowed to show you. So if your team is struggling to move the ball into the red zone, you have nothing to root for.

Direct tv has an app you have to pay for the service though

Device History:
    Dumb Phone
    Storm1
    Storm2 with every official and leaked OS up to 5.0.0.713
    Currently Using:
    Droid X with 2.1

ROM
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

I've had my DX since launch day. The NFL app went a way for a while and then came back. I hadn't check the video function much, but I was pissed when I saw the VCast prompt when I went in to watch the game. Silly me. I thought using the app--the entire app--was free until the end of the year. I failed to check in on RedZone, but I'll do that this Sunday.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

You need the football package to use the DTV app, $300 for the football package and then another $50 to use the app. I did read a lot of comments in the market for the app that the video was not good when working and some people said it hardly worked at all even on WiFi, hopefully it will get better.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast