Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is our Swype beta about to expire?

I just read a new post on the home page here about downloading the latest Swype beta. The article says that the current Swype beta is about to expire and Swype sent out emails with a link for everyone to download the latest. I didn't get no stinkin email. Is our Swyoe about to expire, or is the X not included because it's so new...maybe it shipped with the latest version?

Now that I'm used to it, I pretty sure I can no longer type on my phone.
    Semper Fi
    I love my Moto X 2014!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

No. Ours isn't beta (I don't think so at least)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Re: Is our Swype beta about to expire?

I followed the install process and deleted the app then realized it was for the beta version. Does anyone have the apk for the version that came with the X?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Download the system dumps and look for it in the APPS folder. I would give it to you but im too lazy.
    Past= HTC Droid Eris
    Present= Droid X
    Soon= An awsome 2012 T-Mobile, or Sprint smartphone.
    (Verizon is charging me 210$ for 2 years ~_~)

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Don't have access to a computer so the apk would really be appreciated but if I have to wait i will.

phone addict

Global Posts
    3,750 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

you can do it all from your phone just downlod the dump look inside of it with a file viewer no need to extract it. then look in system/app yo should see swype. click install and it should work if it doesnt use adb to push it or root explorer to copy it their and install from that location.
    btw for the last two you need root
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Found it and got swype back on my phone. Thanks for the help! !

Good riddance I say.
    Droid Incredible: Canceled
    X Ordered: 7/6
    Promised: 7/16
    Delivered: 7/16

Set up multiple Gmail accounts on your Droid X
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by bc6droid View Post
    Good riddance I say.
    I thought the same thing the first time I tried it...I actually hated it. The second time, I forced myself to use it for the whole day. I can tell you that there is no faster way to type once you spend a few hours using it.
    Semper Fi
    I love my Moto X 2014!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    I thought the same thing the first time I tried it...I actually hated it. The second time, I forced myself to use it for the whole day. I can tell you that there is no faster way to type once you spend a few hours using it.
    I have a bb for work still and I catch myself trying to swype the physical keyboard when I use it! My itouch is unusable now as I can't type on it. Swype all the way, there is no other!

The only downside to Swype I have found, is if you're using some type of tacky screen protector, or if it's really humid out, your finger tugs along on the screen making it really hard to enter text properly.

That of course isn't Swype's fault. But I guess it is a fact that that is how you enter text, so the smoothness of the process certainly factors in on the user experience.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Just as an FYI, the Market keyboard SlideIt is like Swype. In some ways I like it better (slightly better word prediction, easier to add words), but not enough to pay for it right now. However, that may change once both Swype and SlideIt get out of beta and we have to pay for one.

From what I've heard about Swiftkeys, a perfect fit may well be if Swype were to combine with Swiftkeys...

Scott
    Mine: Misc Flips -> LG Env -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> DroidX -> Droid Bionic!
    Wife: Misc Flips -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> BB 9550 (S2) -> Droid X!
    Kids: Samsung Fascinate (2) --- Family: Rooted Nook Color (2)
    Ya just gotta LOVE how Android lets you customize your devices how YOU want them!