Droid X 2.3.13 - The Froyo Upgrade

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
P3 has his rom ready but is waiting for this one to calm down before releasing.

I didn't like Tranquility at all either but I'll try the new one. There were more bugs than I wanted and FlyX was and is great for me. I just removed all the blur elements that I wanted removed with Root Explorer and I've been just fine with that.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
why are so many loosing root? I spent close to five hours trying to regain root before finally rolling sbf. Then reload my flyX. Also u using launcherpro? Um getting a ton **** with his latest update.
A newer one based off of the latest 2.2 leak.

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Why are so many losing root? I'm gonna hazard a guess. For those of us who were rooted with 2.1, we had to move superuser to /xbin prior to installing the first 2.2 leak. Upon installing the new 2.2 leak, root is lost. Those who rooted after upgrading to 2.2 (using the d2 method) don't lose root when updating.

That's just a theory based on my experience. Any one who used the D2 method prior to leak 2 lose root?

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
good point, I upgraded to Leak I and then rooted using the D2 method. Upgraded to Leak II using Bootstrap and retained root.

pyroelite

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So I opened up the zip file of the update.zip that I found and su was in bin. Should I put it in xbin, rezip it and then do the update?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, I followed the instructions and the leaked 2.2 installed without a hitch. Also performed the same on two other phones for friends (Droid X's).

I am sure this is the same build Motorola was scheduling to push to the phones when they got good and ready. They have exerted a little too much effort to get the leaked build removed from hosting sites. So I think they will tweak it slightly out of spite.

We shall see....