New Adobe Flash 10.1 on the Market

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
New Flash Player 10.1.92.10 Available in Market, Now Appearing for DROID X and Incredible on 2.2 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

New version of Adobe Flash Player 10.1 up on the Android Market, obtainable on the Droid X and Incredible.

I personally downloaded it on my leaked 2.2 Droid X and must say, it makes flash a lot smoother and more compatible all around.

I'd still like for the ability to decide which flash elements to load, instead of just loading all of them. As it stands, if you're on a site like Newgrounds with a lot of flash ads, enabling flash for your main purpose on a page like a game, it loads up all the ads too. This lags out the phone a bit and sort of sucks.

Otherwise its nice to see them updating it already, and it is showing much improvement. In case you're wondering, you have to manually search for it. It's not listed under downloads on the Droid X since it was bundled with 2.2.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
When you try and download it, it doesn't say anything about upgrading/overrighting the already installed 10.1

does this install another instance of Flash or does it really just overright the included version?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
When you try and download it, it doesn't say anything about upgrading/overrighting the already installed 10.1

does this install another instance of Flash or does it really just overright the included version?

Whats wierd about this is the first time I downloaded it it worked as you said, no "Update" or upgrading etc. It was just its own download. It does in fact overwrite the old one, even if it doesn't say update.

But what's odd is, while deodexing my phone last night I accidentally FUBAR'd my framework (cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/framework/ - don't do this lol) and had to SBF flash my phone and restart from scratch. Oddly enough, the second time around, when I searched for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 it DID say in reddish orange "Update"

So, I really dunno what gives here lol just saying.

otsoccer15

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'd still like for the ability to decide which flash elements to load, instead of just loading all of them. As it stands, if you're on a site like Newgrounds with a lot of flash ads, enabling flash for your main purpose on a page like a game, it loads up all the ads too. This lags out the phone a bit and sort of sucks.

in stock browser...
1. hit menu key
2. touch more
3. touch settings
4. touch enable plug-ins
5. touch on demand

when you visit flash pages now you will see a little green arrow where ever there is flash on the page. just click the ones you want to load.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
in stock browser...
1. hit menu key
2. touch more
3. touch settings
4. touch enable plug-ins
5. touch on demand

when you visit flash pages now you will see a little green arrow where ever there is flash on the page. just click the ones you want to load.

Yeah this is what I currently do, but instead of loading each individual flash element, it just enables the Flash plugin and turns on ALL flash elements on the page. Its frustrating...