Just ordered a droid x....can't wait

pingpongitore

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I just ordered my Droid X on 9/9/10 and man am I anxious for it. I had the original droid and a palm pre in the past. I sold both and purchased the droid x and can't wait for it. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with whether or not people's orders are getting delivered ahead of the ship date listed on verizon's site. It says it won't ship until 9/21 but I was hoping maybe they get sent ahead of the estimate date and verizon just says that date to be safe.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine was shipped a week earlier than they said it would - I've had it for a few days now, and let me tell you - it's worth the wait!

pingpongitore

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
That makes me feel better. I'm so anxious waiting for it. My brother got his at launch and likes to rub it in my face whenever I see him. I am so excited

pingpongitore

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Let me ask you this, did you receive any kind of tracking information once it shipped or was it magically at your door with no notice? The reason I ask is because vzw.com said it will require a signature and I won't be home when it comes.

pingpongitore

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
I might have to try that. Worse comes to worse I take a day off for the delivery date, lol. Then I could spend a whole day getting to know my new toy. :D

BrewersWin

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Tried that

If you live near your FedEx site, you can tell them to hold it and go pick it up.

I tried that because I saw mine sitting at the FedEx on the Saturday before Labor Day and I didn't want to wait for Tuesday. Called FedEx and the lady was very helpful and said sure. Gave her the tracking number and she looked it up and then said " eww this is from VZW, they are shipped with very specific instructions to not allow a hold unitl after the first delivery attempt." Maybe you will have better luck than me, but don't get your hopes up.

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
If you live near your FedEx site, you can tell them to hold it and go pick it up.

I second that. The fedex toll free number person I spoke with was adamant that fedex must make one delivery attempt but my neighbor is a fedex driver and he said to just go by the local office with the tracking number and state issued photo id and they will hold it before that first attempt. Sure enough, the lady just asked to see id and printed a document for the driver to leave the package in the local office for me to pickup. I picked it up yesterday at 9am when they opened.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2