i rooted my X!

green mtns rider

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
basically rooted the X to take advantage of the SetCPU app to conserve battery the best i could. got the ROM Manager as well, but im not sure what that all about. any info and suggestions as to what more i can or should do would be greatly appreciated.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Congrats....I'd be curious to see what kind of battery life you get now...i just went 39 hours between charges, unrooted with a decent amount of use

green mtns rider

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
how? lately i have disabled background data usage, uninstalled a few apps that were running in the background, dimmed the ecreen down to the minimum with no sch luck...

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had my x for almost two months now. I've tried all different things, but what's worked wonders for me is simply turning the phone off once a day. I'll throw it on the charger from midnight until about 6, obviously its fully charged at this point, but I then turn it off, leaving it plugged in, and get ready for work. Pull it off the charger and turn it on as I head out the door.

When ever I have done this I get between 22-39 hours. I've gone a week where I do not turn it off and the battery is good for 14-18 hours. this is my first android phone, so I'm far from an expert, but I think turning it off helps to close any programs that may be running in the background.

Give it a go for a few days....couldn't hurt, right?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Done the turning off thing and did get better battery time. Was getting out of work with about 30% then tried this and got home with 60% after trying this. It does something so it can't hurt to try it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm calling bullsh*t

Honestly...what would be the point of me lying about my battery life?

I get that you're new here, but look around at the other battery posts, I'm not the only one getting battery life like this. Perhaps if you concerned yourself with reading up on tips about what's working for people, instead of calling bs on people, you might get some decent battery life too pal

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
basically rooted the X to take advantage of the SetCPU app to conserve battery the best i could. got the ROM Manager as well, but im not sure what that all about. any info and suggestions as to what more i can or should do would be greatly appreciated.

Which method did you decide to go with? Did you go with Easyroot?

DethBlooms

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
If you go to the help center app, then tips and tricks, then performance, then Maintain High Performance, it is actually recommended to shut off your X for a minimum of 1 minute every day. It says it will help your battery life by refreshing your phone software and your connection to the nearest cell tower

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol