How long did you own you Droid X before rooting?

How long before you modded/rooted your Droid X

• Total voters

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
So I was wondering how long it took people to root their phone after they got it?
I find myself doing it sooner and sooner with each phone I get.

BB Storm I had for 6 months before installing a leaked/hybrid OS and this was the first phone I ever modded/hacked.

Droid 1 was around 3-4 months

Droid X, while I have not put a custom ROM on it yet, I did root it less then an hour and a half of owning the phone

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have not rooted it and so far at the moment, I'm not interested in rooting the phone.

I had a Nexus one that was rooted and a custom rom loaded. I had my fill with such stuff and I don't mind running stock. Rooting/custom roms are great when the custom rom is making up for something that is lacking in the stock rom.

For me the DX is feature rich enough that I find I don't want/need any sort of modding.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my x about two weeks after getting it.first i wanted to now what where the benefits of having a rooted phone other then the free hotspot. So far it hasn't been a game changer lol it was only a few dollars

the droid cave

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I wanted drocap and barnacle. Had to root for that. The wife and I only tether MAYBE once or twice a month. I can't see spending an extra $20 on 2 lines for that very limited amount of tethering...
Rooted X times 2

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
And the only way you could do that with the X is to not have gotten it at release. The root came 1 week from release.

yup, had to wait for upgrade eligibility at the end of August, got the phone on the 9th at 2-2:30 and by 3:30 it was rooted after loading all my settings and apps

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
A couple days after the one-touch method was released- since I was on vacation when it released. I was already debating it, and was sold more on the one-touch unroot.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I rooted mine a couple days after birdman's discovery. So, since I got it a day after launch, somewhere around 2 weeks. Did not hesitate to put the leaked Froyo on it either.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I modded my Blackberry quite often. I am new to Droid but have loaded the leaked 2.2 (Froyo).

I am not really interested in the ROM's as of yet. The only reason I would root is to remove the bloatware. My reason would be to see if it increases battery life. I would remove ALL the apps I don't use.

What is the consensus amongst the experienced Droid owners. Will this help me get longer life out of a single charge?

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The big two for me were wi-fi tethering without paying verizon extra (as google intended it) and being able to use titanium backup.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't...I'm starting to be interested though. I guess I should just wait until froyo now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund