Notification ringtones getting all mixed up!?

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Something keeps randomizing my various notification ringtones - eg, I have specific tones selected for Gmail, messaging, Facebook, Twitter, etc. They keep getting switched to random songs and other tones on an almost daily basis.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

I've been noticing some other strange behavior with my SD card lately - difficulty unmounting it and such. Do you think the ringtone problems could be related to problems on my SD card?

Last edited:

BamaMan44

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Something keeps randomizing my various notification ringtones - eg, I have specific tones selected for Gmail, messaging, Facebook, Twitter, etc. They keep getting switched to random songs and other tones on an almost daily basis.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

I've been noticing some other strange behavior with my SD card lately - difficulty unmounting it and such. Do you think the ringtone problems could be related to problems on my SD card?

More than likely. If the SD card isn't registering when the notification is going off, then the phone will switch to the stock sound. If it is using the stock sound, then I would venture to say that it is your SD card.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same problem as well. I have songs selected for my wife and kids with cell phones. Sometimes it'll switch them to another song I have on my sd card. Still can't figure out why but I suspect it could be related to accessing the card when I add something to it. Not sure though...still trying to figure it out.

postal24060

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Your issue is most likely an app that is causing problems.

I had similar problems and the only way I was able to fix it was to wipe the phone and start over from the beginning installing one app at a time until I reproduced the problem. My malfunctioning ringtones were cased by the Norton security app.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I use custom mp3 ringtones for all my calls. They worked fine prior to having to do a factory reset after the 2.2 update. They've even worked fine as recently as yesterday. Now when I select one as a ringtone, it plays a standard phone ringer. If I go to the sd card, it says, "sorry the player doesn't support this type of file". wtf?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have done a factory reset, and I still get the random ringtones, it even goes to mute sometimes on me. Glad I am not the only one with this problem. Beginning to wonder if this is froyo 2.2 related.

Mine will do random things, I will have a ringtone selected, then it will use the factory one here and there. It has a mind of its own, and getting very frustrating.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I use custom mp3 ringtones for all my calls. They worked fine prior to having to do a factory reset after the 2.2 update. They've even worked fine as recently as yesterday. Now when I select one as a ringtone, it plays a standard phone ringer. If I go to the sd card, it says, "sorry the player doesn't support this type of file". wtf?

Plus one on this one, the same thing just started hapenning to me recently too.

slvrscoobie

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
mines rooted, so I just moved the ringtones to the phone memory. stopped that issue dead. (used to have it select random songs from my playlist not even ringtones)

Reactions: WAldenIV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo