camera and camcorder do not work

Storms4ever

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
HELP...i love this phone....but after taking pics ok the first 3 days now it will not click and take the pic after the beep...camcorder will not work at all...any ideas? i tried battery pull and several restarts with no results....thanks in advance

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Could be a corrupt sdcard. I would backup any pics movies etc, then do a full format using a sdcard reader on a pc.
Format as FAT32

I've had sdcard weirdness that was fixed with a format.
A 32GB one would not format from the phone which is why I suggest using a reader on a pc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If screen is still black and it's not taking pictures, take it back to Verizon. It's a known shutter bug. It happened to mine. The apps would open, but nothing but a black screen.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If you want to try one more thing before you take it back, download Vignette from the Market. It's a camera/camcorder app that does a WAAAAYYYY better job than the native app. If it doesn't work, you can uninstall it within 24 hours and not be charged for it.

The Mad Mule

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If you want to try one more thing before you take it back, download Vignette from the Market. It's a camera/camcorder app that does a WAAAAYYYY better job than the native app. If it doesn't work, you can uninstall it within 24 hours and not be charged for it.

What? Since when is Vignette a Camcorder app as well?

And that really won't help if it indeed is a hardware/software bug combination with the original Camera/Camcorder app, because his phone still wouldn't be 100% working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz