09-22-2010 06:40 PM
- ArelundeTECHFANDoesn't it seem odd to call the X a "phone"? It seems so much more that, enough that there should be another name for it ... like mini-computer that happens to make phone calls.
Just a comment. I call it a phone, too, but it always seems so lame compared to the real deal.09-19-2010 01:19 PM
- 09-19-2010 07:15 PM
- I ordered mine on 9/3, received on 9/10... on 9/5 I heard about the Fascinate and decided to get it instead, returning my fiances new BB 8530 to get a fascinate for her and BOGO one for me. So, I shipped back the X on 9/11 (store rep said to send it back rather than cancel the order, ******). Then RIGHT after I got the Fascinate on the 9th and the X showed up on the 10th... returned X on 11th... have to wait until it returns to Verizon to order the 2nd free Fascinate... now I've decided to use the in-store BOGA on the Fascinate and get an X!!! sucks that I had one in my hand and now have to wait again... but everything points to them being more available starting 9/24 so hopefully I can order it tomorrow and get it by the end of the week... crossing my fingers for sure! Using this iphone 3g is killing me!09-19-2010 11:22 PM
- I've watched the "will ship by" dates on the VZW DX site roll along so I assumed it was pretty much a hurry up and wait for your X once you placed an order-
I was in my local Costco store yesterday and was chatting with the guy at the phone sales booth there about the DX and asked him how long the wait was to get one. He said "about 5 seconds" and that he had a couple in stock even though he'd sold several of them over the weekend. He then bent over and pulled a new in the box DX from his shelf and tempted me with the beauty of the device. I was suprised and told him that the Verizon web site showed that they were backordered. The salesman said "I'm not sure what's up with Verizon but my supplier doesn't seem to have any problems getting them."
Hmmmm... If I wasn't waiting a just bit longer to see what shakes out with the rumored EVO like device said to be coming to VZW in the near future, I could have easily picked up an X with zero wait time!
I suppose suppliers vary from Costco store to Costco store so YMMV-09-20-2010 10:26 AM
- I just order my X last Thursday night, 9/15 on the VZW website. The website was then reporting a 9/23 ship date. The very next day, 9/16, I received an e-mailed saying my phone will be shipped. It should be here tomorrow, 9/21. It took a while for the 2 day shipping probably because of the weekend.09-20-2010 11:57 AM
- Well my Droid X didn't show up today and now Fedex removed the delivery date WTF! It was in Pittsburgh which is 2 hours away and then went to Morgantown WV which is about 3 hrs away and has been setting there since this morning? Dbl WTF!!! Now my Froyo is a NoNo.09-22-2010 06:40 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid X Forums
- Motorola Droid X
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD