1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Early Shipment

I finally wrangled an early upgrade on Friday evening to replace my Eris and my Droid X wasn't supposed to ship until 9/24. Just got an e-mail that it shipped and I should have it by Weds 9/22! Can't wait!
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Super duper. There seems to be pattern of them providing the worst case scenario, and then shipping in advance of that date. You're going to love the phone.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

Doesn't it seem odd to call the X a "phone"? It seems so much more that, enough that there should be another name for it ... like mini-computer that happens to make phone calls.

Just a comment. I call it a phone, too, but it always seems so lame compared to the real deal.
    Always learning ...

My X was ordered on Thursday, 9/16 and I didn't get an email.
    a little obsessive...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    My X was ordered on Thursday, 9/16 and I didn't get an email.
    Mine went through Tech Support maybe that's why it was so quick? Maybe tomorrow for you?

my shipping date was atleast a week quicker than the date i was told (i think. if anything it was faster)
    Device History:
    Dumb Phone
    Storm1
    Storm2 with every official and leaked OS up to 5.0.0.713
    Currently Using:
    Droid X with 2.1

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Arelunde View Post
    Doesn't it seem odd to call the X a "phone"? It seems so much more that, enough that there should be another name for it ... like mini-computer that happens to make phone calls.
    Preeeeeeetty sure there's a word for that... I think it's "smartphone"
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

Ordered on the 9/13 (replacment). Recieved notification on 9/17 that it shipped. Will recieve it on 9/20. They initally told me it wouldnt ship till 9/22. Woot!

I ordered mine on 9/3, received on 9/10... on 9/5 I heard about the Fascinate and decided to get it instead, returning my fiances new BB 8530 to get a fascinate for her and BOGO one for me. So, I shipped back the X on 9/11 (store rep said to send it back rather than cancel the order, ******). Then RIGHT after I got the Fascinate on the 9th and the X showed up on the 10th... returned X on 11th... have to wait until it returns to Verizon to order the 2nd free Fascinate... now I've decided to use the in-store BOGA on the Fascinate and get an X!!! sucks that I had one in my hand and now have to wait again... but everything points to them being more available starting 9/24 so hopefully I can order it tomorrow and get it by the end of the week... crossing my fingers for sure! Using this iphone 3g is killing me!

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

I've watched the "will ship by" dates on the VZW DX site roll along so I assumed it was pretty much a hurry up and wait for your X once you placed an order-

I was in my local Costco store yesterday and was chatting with the guy at the phone sales booth there about the DX and asked him how long the wait was to get one. He said "about 5 seconds" and that he had a couple in stock even though he'd sold several of them over the weekend. He then bent over and pulled a new in the box DX from his shelf and tempted me with the beauty of the device. I was suprised and told him that the Verizon web site showed that they were backordered. The salesman said "I'm not sure what's up with Verizon but my supplier doesn't seem to have any problems getting them."

Hmmmm... If I wasn't waiting a just bit longer to see what shakes out with the rumored EVO like device said to be coming to VZW in the near future, I could have easily picked up an X with zero wait time!

I suppose suppliers vary from Costco store to Costco store so YMMV-

I just order my X last Thursday night, 9/15 on the VZW website. The website was then reporting a 9/23 ship date. The very next day, 9/16, I received an e-mailed saying my phone will be shipped. It should be here tomorrow, 9/21. It took a while for the 2 day shipping probably because of the weekend.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Well my Droid X didn't show up today and now Fedex removed the delivery date WTF! It was in Pittsburgh which is 2 hours away and then went to Morgantown WV which is about 3 hrs away and has been setting there since this morning? Dbl WTF!!! Now my Froyo is a NoNo.