Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NFL RedZone Free on X

I've loved my phone the whole time I've had it, but this takes the cake. Download the NFL Mobile App and get the RedZone channel free on your phone. It is awesome.

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Really? Mine says i need to subscribe to vcast videos

whats the best app out to watch nfl games? or possibly to stream a game?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I've never subscribed to anything and mine comes in perfect. As far as best app, I would say the NFL Mobile App, and I have read that if you have 2.2 you can go to some website atdhe.net and watch live there too.

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

NFL Redzone on the mobile app might be the greatest thing since sliced bread. (I don't subscribe to VCast or anything extra and it works just fine)
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Put it on RedZone, Put headphones in, mowed lawn and washed 2 vehicles and heard every score in the NFL. Awesome.

I love it, too. Just wish it was widescreen.

NFL Redzone is not free for me. Have to subscribe to Vcast. I'll stick with ScoreMobile instead. All sports in one app...much better.

It's on my phone free.. but then again I have a Evo....

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    I love it, too. Just wish it was widescreen.
    +1 on the widescreen, but then again...ITS FREE!!!

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Turtleman View Post
    NFL Redzone is not free for me. Have to subscribe to Vcast. I'll stick with ScoreMobile instead. All sports in one app...much better.
    I would see what is up with Verizon. Mine has worked with just the normal data plan...no add-ons.

I just checked with 6 friends who have Verizon...free for all of them.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nursescott View Post
    I would see what is up with Verizon. Mine has worked with just the normal data plan...no add-ons.

I just checked with 6 friends who have Verizon...free for all of them.
    Free for me too

Loved it last week when I didn't have cable due to moving but now I can watch it on my big TV so I'm not using it as much this week.

BTW, I heard a couple of guys talking about it being free and one of them said depending on when you purchased your device is what decides whether it's free or not. Take that for what it's worth though since it was just overhearing some random dudes.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: NFL RedZone Free on X

That was my impression as well... If you downloaded the app before a certain date, you get it free. Kinda sucks for people who got their phones after that date.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cae2685 View Post
    That was my impression as well... If you downloaded the app before a certain date, you get it free. Kinda sucks for people who got their phones after that date.

But kinda cool for the people that got it early...
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Agreed. Standing in line on launch day must have SOME extra benefits for us :-p

Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

Global Posts
    7,721 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I didnt add the nfl app till football regular season started .I can watch whatever game vzw has on the redzone for free but not any game just the one they put on it.

I can listen to any of the games that are being played tho.Works good on dx and dinc.
    Go Denver woot Lol

sent from Tapatalk

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that starting this month Verizon began charging to watch videos. You could either subscribe to VCAST or pay as you use it. When they first came out with the revised version it was free for videos. I read that on Verizon's website on more than one occasion.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jpuk23 View Post
    I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that starting this month Verizon began charging to watch videos. You could either subscribe to VCAST or pay as you use it. When they first came out with the revised version it was free for videos. I read that on Verizon's website on more than one occasion.
    Watching the game right meow and haven't paid ANYTHING additional. No VCAST for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cae2685 View Post
    Agreed. Standing in line on launch day must have SOME extra benefits for us :-p

I go two Droid X's on launch day, downloaded the app that day on both, both say I gotta pay to see video... :-(
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liquidhonesty View Post
    I go two Droid X's on launch day, downloaded the app that day on both, both say I gotta pay to see video... :-(
    I think there was at least one update to the application since release. Have you downloaded any updates to it? I have the latest version.
    MacGyver Wannabe

I stood in line on launch day and it's not free for me. I tried to download the app in July, but it was pulled from the market.

Have those of you who have "free" access actually checked your bills? I wouldn't doubt that some people actually clicked "yes" to sign up for VCast accidentally.

If it is free for some only, that's total bull$hit.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post
    I stood in line on launch day and it's not free for me. I tried to download the app in July, but it was pulled from the market.

Have those of you who have "free" access actually checked your bills? I wouldn't doubt that some people actually clicked "yes" to sign up for VCast accidentally.

No accidentally clicking 'yes' to sign up for Vcast here.

Just added the app and was watching a live game NYG/Colts. It showed vcast but did not indicate any type of charge. Pretty nice if free, maybe not if paid.

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post

My bill has no VCast charges and it doesn't show on my account manager online. I've done some googling, but no one seems to know why, just a bunch of guesses. It is free for me so I'm certainly not going to call Verizon and ask why, but if I wasn't getting it like some of you are I would have been on the phone hours ago with them.

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts

Mine worked just fine, no vcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast