Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default droid x dock replacement app

I've done a bit of searching, and I can't find any answer for this...

Is there a decent replacement for, or a way to disable, the media dock home screen? I'm not talking about the car dock, I mean the multimedia desktop dock. I use it to charge and push HDMI to my monitor, but I don't want the stupid limited home screen of the dock. So I'm looking for a replacement app.

I also have Titanium. Does anyone know what app i could "freeze" for this to go away? I disabled/hid all the horrid stock bloatware this way...
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

Default Re: droid x dock replacement app

Couldn't really see anything related to the dock in sys apps other than desk home 2.2 - might try freezing that... Otherwise try to open settings while docked and see what apps or services are currently running.

I'm on 2.2 fyi, so not sure what sys apps might be dif if you're still on 2.1.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Duh.
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

Default Re: droid x dock replacement app

Try "real hdmi" in the market...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

There are several free apps in the market that do what you are looking for.

Dock Nothingness - Android app on AppBrain

ROM
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

Am I missing something? When you press the "X" on the top left of the screen, the dock screen goes away (until you press home).

I like the bedside app because it just shows a blackscreen with clock and is fully customized.

If you don't want it to have anything on your screen, just do what ^ matthew suggested

I like the dock and the app. I just wish the screen was darker. Seems dark already, but at night in a dark room, it is actually still a little bright. I would prefer it if it were pitch black with just the clock numbers, like it was when I had my BB and dock.

Otherwise, the dock app is pretty cool.
    Nexus 6, Midnight Blue
    Previously: Moto X (Ebony wood back, silver accents, black front) - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Droid X - Blackberry Tour 9630 - Dumbphones