hahahaha My Exchange Mail Still Doesnt Work After Froyo

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My Exchange Mail Still Doesnt Work After Froyo!

So after all the promises that froyo will fix exchange, my account is still showing an error when trying to connect. Thanks so much Verizon and moto. And btw, I do have touchdown, but they have ran out of licenses to give away.

Last edited:

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My exchange was working fine for over a month then all of a sudden on day it told me there was an account error and wasn't able to sync. They have even sent me a replacement phone and that didn't work. But touchdown does work for me. I wouldn't care, but touchdown isnt giving me a license. So in a week I'll be stuck with nothing.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone that has any idea of what could be going on with mine? Not even the techs at Verizon could help me. They just told me "The 2.2 update will fix it."

It just doesn't make sense, because it was working fine for me for over a month. Then all of a sudden it stops working. I didn't change any settings at all.

And like I said, I wouldn't even care because Touchdown is working great for me, it's just that they do not want to provide me with a license. So I will be stuck with no exchange support in a week. I've tried contacting them many times and haven't received any help. I'm at a loss here.

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Just curious...your MS Exchange your trying to connect to. You SURE they have activesync enabled for YOUR email account??

Reason I ask, is because I can't connect to stock corporate email because my 'corporate' lives in the dinosaur era and doesn't think activesync is secure enough... So I use Touchdown and it works fine.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just curious...your MS Exchange your trying to connect to. You SURE they have activesync enabled for YOUR email account??

Reason I ask, is because I can't connect to stock corporate email because my 'corporate' lives in the dinosaur era and doesn't think activesync is secure enough... So I use Touchdown and it works fine.

Like I said, it was working fine for me for weeks. Why would it all of a sudden stop working? Nothing changed at work. I still have the same email account.

But I did try to enable activesync on touchdown and that did not work...so....

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Like I said, it was working fine for me for weeks. Why would it all of a sudden stop working? Nothing changed at work. I still have the same email account.

But I did try to enable activesync on touchdown and that did not work...so....

Sounds to me your IT department deactivated Activesync on their exchange server. If you say Touchdown is working then it is working either through POP3 or IMAP and not activesync. Don't blame the phone and contact your IT department to find out what's going on. If your company is a blackberry company chances are they deactivated activesync probably to keep iPhone users off the server, this is not uncommon and I've heard of a lot of companies doing this since the iPhone 4 came out, it was wreaking havoc on the servers for some reason. They can activate activesync on a user by user basis and if you ask them, they may be able to do it for your account.

The major fix for exchange on 2.2 was the notifications.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds to me your IT department deactivated Activesync on their exchange server. If you say Touchdown is working then it is working either through POP3 or IMAP and not activesync. Don't blame the phone and contact your IT department to find out what's going on. If your company is a blackberry company chances are they deactivated activesync probably to keep iPhone users off the server, this is not uncommon and I've heard of a lot of companies doing this since the iPhone 4 came out, it was wreaking havoc on the servers for some reason. They can activate activesync on a user by user basis and if you ask them, they may be able to do it for your account.

The major fix for exchange on 2.2 was the notifications.

Thanks for the information. I'm just hoping for a license from Touchdown at this point and I'd be a happy camper.

pixelsyndicate

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
My CorpSync doens't work either. The screens I have for setting this up actually looks the same as it did when I was running 2.1, so there doesn't seem to have been any change in that. I saw screens on another phone which had checkboxes and stuff for 'sync for [blah #] of days', but my setup doesn't have that. The error i get is that I have to ignore the validation on the security certificate, and that I am unable to authenticate, even though i am quite sure i have the correct login info. So no fix for me from Verizon's 2.2 update

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
but touchdown isnt giving me a license. So in a week I'll be stuck with nothing.
Of course not. The developer worked very hard at creating this app, why should he give it away.

I purchased it, because of the high level of exchange support it provides. I recommend it highly.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Of course not. The developer worked very hard at creating this app, why should he give it away.

I purchased it, because of the high level of exchange support it provides. I recommend it highly.

Motorola has stated they will work with Touchdown to provide licenses to people with Corporate Sync problems on their X. I'm sure Moto is kicking something back to the developers.

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Well then you have a choice, wait for the bureaucracy of Motorola to provide that license (with the potential that it will never come to fruition) and not have access to your corporate email in the mean time.
or
buy it yourself for the few bucks that the developer is asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki