- 09-22-2010, 12:54 AM #2
- 71 Posts
Try pulling the battery and restarting the phone.A 9mm MIGHT EXPAND, HOWEVER
A .45 WILL NEVER GET SMALLER
Droid X came with 2.2 (replacement, major brain fart),
Fission 2.2.2 w/ Blackout v5, Lucid, keyboard inspired by Myn's Warm 2.2
- 09-22-2010, 12:56 AM #4Phone - Storm 1 to Droid X to Thunderbolt and REALLY lovin'it
Tab - Returned the Xoom, now LOVING my Sammy 10.1
- 09-22-2010, 01:41 AM #5
- 09-22-2010, 01:47 AM #6
- 20 Posts
SAME thing here, restarted numerous times with no luck, i also made a call too, its like phone was working fine except display.
did the sbf recovery and now even worse, my phone wont exit bootloader and although it passed on the rsd program it showed error codes and wont get out. I have done sbf recover in the past when messing with the beta versions that got leaked so i know how to use it, others are posting the same thing in other forums, I think the M failure is hardware related and the sbf failure is software related due to 2.2 finishing its install.
- 09-22-2010, 01:55 AM #7
- 09-22-2010, 02:46 AM #8
- 12 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Motorola logo, things happening in background.
Unable to even boot into recovery mode, but have tried holding home for a while then hitting search just to see what happens.
Maybe if someone could tell me the correct button presses on an unrooted droid x, I could scroll it down to factory reset.
- 09-22-2010, 05:12 AM #9
- 09-22-2010, 05:19 AM #10
- 09-22-2010, 06:06 AM #11
- 09-22-2010, 06:57 AM #12
- 09-22-2010, 07:03 AM #13
- 09-22-2010, 07:18 AM #14
- 09-22-2010, 07:24 AM #15
- 09-22-2010, 08:09 AM #16
Can you guys get to recovery mode?
- Power off X
- Hold and press Home button and then simultaneously hold and press the Power button until the Moto logo displays.
- Let go of the Power button, but continue to press the Home button until you see an exclamation mark.
- Release the Home button and press the Search but once.
- 09-22-2010, 08:30 AM #17
Last edited by quiverskeep; 09-22-2010 at 08:37 AM.Phone - Storm 1 to Droid X to Thunderbolt and REALLY lovin'it
Tab - Returned the Xoom, now LOVING my Sammy 10.1
- 09-22-2010, 08:33 AM #18
- 09-22-2010, 08:41 AM #19
- 09-22-2010, 08:53 AM #20
I am stuck at the M logo too.... I know the phone is booting up because I feel the little vibrate that is usually does when the eye is on the screen but on the M Logo shows. Also I think I received a text message because it vibrated then my LED started flashing... Please help! I am about to try the power/home button combo thing, I'll let you know how it goes
- 09-22-2010, 08:54 AM #21
- 09-22-2010, 09:17 AM #22
Ok so I was able to get into the mode with exclamation point.... Tried clearing the cache it said it formatted it ok then rebooted from there... still stuck at M logo.
Tried rebooting several times no changes, so then I went into "exclamation mode" again and selected "run update.zip" or something like that then it gave and error that it couldn't find sdcard/update.zip. Tried rebooting again & still stuck at M logo.
Any idea where I can get update.zip & put it on my SD card by putting my SD card into my card reader & copying it on there manually???
- 09-22-2010, 09:26 AM #23
- 2,198 Posts
Hear is solution that worked for me with some tech assistance from Verizon..
Power OFF DEVICE...
1. Hold Home Button and press power
2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with astrick
3. Let Go of Home Button and Power
4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)
5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device
6. Select Yes to verify
7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)
8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot
9. Sometimes phone hangs after rebot and will take a while but if no responce after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)
Another thing I figured out is that if you are using the new option under Settings/Privacy that says "Back up my data", this feature can cause a number of issues to keep returning even after a hard reset because if your issue was a setting or a app that caused your issue, when you hard resetthe device this feature will restore all the settings and app back on device after restore that will automatically bring issue back.
This feature is a nice ideal but until you are sure that everything is compatible it may not be wise to enable this feature because it will make issues go away after hard reset but also cause issue to return shortly after because the system will restore the other files that usually caused the original issue.Samsung S3
Time to feel the POWER...
- 09-22-2010, 09:32 AM #24
Here is a list of everything that happens in the "exclamation mode"
1. When it opens there is a message right away that says "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command"
2. If I push "wipe cache partition" It says
.Cache wipe complete.
3. If I push apply "sdcard:update.zip" it says
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
.Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
3. When I select "reboot system now" I still get stuck at the M logo but can feel it do a little quick vibration like it normally would on the eye screen but still only show the M logo.
Any assistance on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!
- 09-22-2010, 09:34 AM #25