Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck at M logo after update

I Just ran the update to 2.2 but I am now stuck at the Motorola M logo. I have not rooted this phone either. I actually made a phone call on it some how pressing on the screen. Anyone know what to do to fix this?

Try pulling the battery and restarting the phone.
    A 9mm MIGHT EXPAND, HOWEVER
    A .45 WILL NEVER GET SMALLER

Droid X came with 2.2 (replacement, major brain fart),
    Fission 2.2.2 w/ Blackout v5, Lucid, keyboard inspired by Myn's Warm 2.2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Tried it, no luck. Actually I've done it like 20 times now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmadness View Post
    I Just ran the update to 2.2 but I am now stuck at the Motorola M logo. I have not rooted this phone either. I actually made a phone call on it some how pressing on the screen. Anyone know what to do to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DThomp View Post
    Try pulling the battery and restarting the phone.
    Same thing going on here... battery pull doesn't work. I tried doing the de-bricking method and didn't work..
    Phone - Storm 1 to Droid X to Thunderbolt and REALLY lovin'it
    Tab - Returned the Xoom, now LOVING my Sammy 10.1

Try removing the SD card. Worked for someone on the official Moto forums with the same problem.

SAME thing here, restarted numerous times with no luck, i also made a call too, its like phone was working fine except display.

did the sbf recovery and now even worse, my phone wont exit bootloader and although it passed on the rsd program it showed error codes and wont get out. I have done sbf recover in the past when messing with the beta versions that got leaked so i know how to use it, others are posting the same thing in other forums, I think the M failure is hardware related and the sbf failure is software related due to 2.2 finishing its install.

Same here, but this happen while I was installing Flsh from the market

I'm having the same problem. Motorola logo, things happening in background.

Unable to even boot into recovery mode, but have tried holding home for a while then hitting search just to see what happens.

Maybe if someone could tell me the correct button presses on an unrooted droid x, I could scroll it down to factory reset.

Help?

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

same here... M logo just sits there, don't have the new spf to install since yo can't go back to 2.1

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Verizon techs gonna be swamped today .
    Droid Charge
    There is nothing constant but change.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Don't sbf your phone just take it in too vzw and tell then what happened. As long as you were running 2.1 before the update you shouldn't brick.
    Rooted for life

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Same thing here...stuck at the M screen, multiple battery pulls. I cant even get in to do a hard reset by holding down the power and home button.

I have this issue too. phone is totally stuck and I am on the road. I should have never left AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyVolHammer View Post
    I have this issue too. phone is totally stuck and I am on the road. I should have never left AT&T.
    Uhh.. yeah, that's the answer.

Your right, you wouldnt needed a phone. Atleast a smartphone. Your 3G signal wouldnt be there.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Can you guys get to recovery mode?

1. Power off X
    2. Hold and press Home button and then simultaneously hold and press the Power button until the Moto logo displays.
    3. Let go of the Power button, but continue to press the Home button until you see an exclamation mark.
    4. Release the Home button and press the Search but once.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Can you guys get to recovery mode?

1. Power off X
    2. Hold and press Home button and then simultaneously hold and press the Power button until the Moto logo displays.
    3. Let go of the Power button, but continue to press the Home button until you see an exclamation mark.
    4. Release the Home button and press the Search but once.
    I can't.. can only see bootloader with error message.

***sorry.. In hindsight I see I'm in the M Logo is still there thread, so I really had no place to respond*** Sigh... wish I hadn't jumped the gun and gone through the de-bricking method..should've waited!
    Last edited by quiverskeep; 09-22-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Corey is my hero, I did that and cleared the cache. bingo!

Thumbs up same problem here

I reset 5 times. I tried the home button and power button and the phone beeped and turned off. I turned it back on and it worked. Hopefully it works for everyone else.

I am stuck at the M logo too.... I know the phone is booting up because I feel the little vibrate that is usually does when the eye is on the screen but on the M Logo shows. Also I think I received a text message because it vibrated then my LED started flashing... Please help! I am about to try the power/home button combo thing, I'll let you know how it goes

Crud... no luck. I'm having the same "stuck at M" issue and clearing cache didn't help.

Odd thing is if I turn the phone off then on again it does this. But if I take the battery out for 15-20 minutes and put it back in it boots just fine.

Ok so I was able to get into the mode with exclamation point.... Tried clearing the cache it said it formatted it ok then rebooted from there... still stuck at M logo.

Tried rebooting several times no changes, so then I went into "exclamation mode" again and selected "run update.zip" or something like that then it gave and error that it couldn't find sdcard/update.zip. Tried rebooting again & still stuck at M logo.

Any idea where I can get update.zip & put it on my SD card by putting my SD card into my card reader & copying it on there manually???

Hear is solution that worked for me with some tech assistance from Verizon..

Power OFF DEVICE...

1. Hold Home Button and press power

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with astrick

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after rebot and will take a while but if no responce after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

Another thing I figured out is that if you are using the new option under Settings/Privacy that says "Back up my data", this feature can cause a number of issues to keep returning even after a hard reset because if your issue was a setting or a app that caused your issue, when you hard resetthe device this feature will restore all the settings and app back on device after restore that will automatically bring issue back.

This feature is a nice ideal but until you are sure that everything is compatible it may not be wise to enable this feature because it will make issues go away after hard reset but also cause issue to return shortly after because the system will restore the other files that usually caused the original issue.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
    Thanked by:

Here is a list of everything that happens in the "exclamation mode"

1. When it opens there is a message right away that says "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command"
    2. If I push "wipe cache partition" It says
    --wiping cache...
    Formatting CACHE:...
    .Cache wipe complete.
    3. If I push apply "sdcard:update.zip" it says
    --Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    .Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:failed to open sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

3. When I select "reboot system now" I still get stuck at the M logo but can feel it do a little quick vibration like it normally would on the eye screen but still only show the M logo.

Any assistance on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Did you try wipe and reset factory data?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast