Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cant download 2.2

When i go into the about phone folder, system updates is in grey and wont allow me to search. Is this because im in an extended network?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Yeah.

So what if one is connected to a WiFi network on a phone that is not activated yet and one gets the same greyed out situation?

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charlier180 View Post
    So what if one is connected to a WiFi network on a phone that is not activated yet and one gets the same greyed out situation?
    I do not think you can take the OTA over WIFI if you are not activated.

Quote Originally Posted by jsaren View Post
    I do not think you can take the OTA over WIFI if you are not activated.
    Probably not but I thought I would ask to see if someone else with a DX that had not been activated had been successful in pulling down the 2.2 update.

Seeing all the posts about lockups on the "M" screen after update and boot up concerns me about doing the update just yet. May just wait a few more days until more information comes out about the cause of these lockups.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charlier180 View Post
    Probably not but I thought I would ask to see if someone else with a DX that had not been activated had been successful in pulling down the 2.2 update.

Seeing all the posts about lockups on the "M" screen after update and boot up concerns me about doing the update just yet. May just wait a few more days until more information comes out about the cause of these lockups.
    I have leaked 2.2 on my "X" my girl did not she did the OTA and she is locked at the "M" logo as well

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Heck...I can't even get it to download. It started, then stopped and now it just says "Download in progress" but there is no indicators/download status showing...and it won't even let me check for system updates anymore...tried rebooting and restarting all to no avail...

Any thoughts or suggestions???
    VX6700: Using as a doorstop
    Treo 755: Kids use it as a toy phone
    Storm 1: They make great coasters for shot glasses!
    Droid X: Gets better every day...