2.2 Software Update Failed!!!

papayt

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So much excitement just got stomped on after my update failed :( My phone is rooted and Im like 99% sure I got all the bloatware back on! What can I do to get it to install!? Is there a way to go back to a clean 2.1 then try again?

Thanks in advance!

papayt

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I will check it out, are there instructions anywhere or should I just google it. Any info would be greatly appreciated as I cant wait to get 2.2 up and running!

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh man, that sucks. I wasn't rooted but my software update failed on my Droid as well, it ruined that phone, and then I got Droid #5 or #6. Don't remember.

papayt

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to the default apks, because I think the only one I dont have on my phone is the need for speed one.. So maybe that will fix it

papayt

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Im half tempted to just flash back to a original 2.1.. Is this a bad idea or should I go for it. I really dont want to brick my phone!

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a question my girl tried to to the OTA on an unrooted unmodified droid x and is now stuck at the "m" logo battery pools did not work. I have the leaked 2.2 on my sd card my phone is rooted. Can I put the card in hers to try and get the phone back up... I know I can not flash it with the 2.1 sbf.

D2TSHR1439

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Im half tempted to just flash back to a original 2.1.. Is this a bad idea or should I go for it. I really dont want to brick my phone!

If you arent on 2.3.15 update, you should have any issues. I havent. I flash my other DX this morning without issue, because I put that one on the 2.3.15 update. It was rooted running 2.2 froyo leak.

4shared.com is a site. just type in .apk spped shirft and it should come up if you havent found the rights already.

D2TSHR1439

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a question my girl tried to to the OTA on an unrooted unmodified droid x and is now stuck at the "m" logo battery pools did not work. I have the leaked 2.2 on my sd card my phone is rooted. Can I put the card in hers to try and get the phone back up... I know I can not flash it with the 2.1 sbf.

Can you get into recovery??

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to the default apks, because I think the only one I dont have on my phone is the need for speed one.. So maybe that will fix it

[ur=http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-x-roms-hacks/24700-default-apps-download-links.html]Check here[/url].

papayt

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Cool thanks for the links and help! I think I found an apk i was missing called myNet which relates to the 3g hotspot! Do you think I even need the nfs shift apk? I also just realized my VvM.apk visual voicemail wasnt there lol, guess I didnt fully get everything back on the phone earlier!

Last edited:

papayt

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Well the install still failed without the NFS Shift apk.. IM going to download that now to, does it get put in the system/Apps folder as well or does it go somewhere else? Also is the Apk 39 mb or the 101 mb version? Thanks everyone for your help

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20