Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default 2.2 Software Update Failed!!!

So much excitement just got stomped on after my update failed My phone is rooted and Im like 99% sure I got all the bloatware back on! What can I do to get it to install!? Is there a way to go back to a clean 2.1 then try again?

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Flash it with a 2.1 sbf
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I will check it out, are there instructions anywhere or should I just google it. Any info would be greatly appreciated as I cant wait to get 2.2 up and running!

Global Posts
    871 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

Oh man, that sucks. I wasn't rooted but my software update failed on my Droid as well, it ruined that phone, and then I got Droid #5 or #6. Don't remember.
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4

You can flash it as long as you arent on the new update yet. The thing you cannot do is flash it with 2.1sfb once you DO the update.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Does anyone have a link to the default apks, because I think the only one I dont have on my phone is the need for speed one.. So maybe that will fix it

Did you try 4shared?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

What do you mean 4shared? Do you have a link or something? Thanks
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I think I fount the right files from Hawkeye411..
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Im half tempted to just flash back to a original 2.1.. Is this a bad idea or should I go for it. I really dont want to brick my phone!

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

I have a question my girl tried to to the OTA on an unrooted unmodified droid x and is now stuck at the "m" logo battery pools did not work. I have the leaked 2.2 on my sd card my phone is rooted. Can I put the card in hers to try and get the phone back up... I know I can not flash it with the 2.1 sbf.

Quote Originally Posted by papayt View Post
    Im half tempted to just flash back to a original 2.1.. Is this a bad idea or should I go for it. I really dont want to brick my phone!
    If you arent on 2.3.15 update, you should have any issues. I havent. I flash my other DX this morning without issue, because I put that one on the 2.3.15 update. It was rooted running 2.2 froyo leak.

4shared.com is a site. just type in .apk spped shirft and it should come up if you havent found the rights already.

Quote Originally Posted by jsaren View Post
    I have a question my girl tried to to the OTA on an unrooted unmodified droid x and is now stuck at the "m" logo battery pools did not work. I have the leaked 2.2 on my sd card my phone is rooted. Can I put the card in hers to try and get the phone back up... I know I can not flash it with the 2.1 sbf.
    Can you get into recovery??
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papayt View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the default apks, because I think the only one I dont have on my phone is the need for speed one.. So maybe that will fix it

[ur=http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-x-roms-hacks/24700-default-apps-download-links.html]Check here[/url].
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Cool thanks for the links and help! I think I found an apk i was missing called myNet which relates to the 3g hotspot! Do you think I even need the nfs shift apk? I also just realized my VvM.apk visual voicemail wasnt there lol, guess I didnt fully get everything back on the phone earlier!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Well the install still failed without the NFS Shift apk.. IM going to download that now to, does it get put in the system/Apps folder as well or does it go somewhere else? Also is the Apk 39 mb or the 101 mb version? Thanks everyone for your help