My X won't pull the update!

rocksbg

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one? It just says checking for update but nothing happens... Then I hit the back button and it says checking for update not available. What gives? Is there a manual update url yet that I can get on my laptop and download the "usual" manual way?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps they didn't fully roll it yet. Give it some time, perhaps its a staged roll out.

I know it took a couple of weeks for google to fully release froyo to all nexus owners.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Im in the same boat. Been trying since 8am to no avail. Was rooted at first, unropted and still no (which didn't surprise as root status shouldn't matter). Beyond frustrated right now

JDHunz

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem at first - wouldn't show update, rebooted the phone, it started the update and now has frozen. If I ask for update, it states it is "downloading" but there is no progress bar and nothing has downloaded.

I've even tried several reboots and nothing...

For whatever reason, it started the download (even got to 10%) and then went into oblivion...

nysundevil

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
OP, Check your social applications sync settings. If the "wifi only" box is checked, you won't be able to pull the update. Uncheck the box and restart your phone. You should be able to pull the update. (Can't take credit for this idea -- got it from others when I was having the same problem).

JDHunz

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
OP, Check your social applications sync settings. If the "wifi only" box is checked, you won't be able to pull the update. Uncheck the box and restart your phone. You should be able to pull the update. (Can't take credit for this idea -- got it from others when I was having the same problem).

Well diggity dang...for some reason that is now letting it download...not sure why it was working, stopped and now works again...

BUT THANKS!!!!

Maximaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

sundevil, thank you so much! I know you said you can't take credit, but what you posted worked and I've been getting really frustrated cuz I've been constantly getting that error message. I had no idea that the social applications sync had anything to do with pulling the update.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I unchecked the "sync over wifi," restarted, and now it is downloading. Thanks guys! Should I re-check the "sync over wifi only" after it is done? Does that significantly save battery life?

Lightninrod

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
SOB!!! That worked!!!

I thought I couldn't get the update because my home is in a very low signal area but unchecking "sync over WIFI" let my X find the update and download it.

Thank you very much sundevil.