Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default ADB Drivers not installing after 2.2

After installing 2.2 my DX is no longer recognized by the computer. It comes up as MB810 but the adb drivers are missing and I can no longer browse through it like I could on 2.1.

When i try to install the adb drivers it comes up with an error as well.

I'm on 64 bit Win 7
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

anyone? bump

Same issue on win xp pro sp3 32 bit
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

someone?

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I found that you have to turn off the USB debugging mode that pops up on the phone OR the phone will not show the device as a hard drive. Just did this and it worked right away. It only shows the micro SD card and then a CD Drive called Motorola which looks like it might be teathering from Motorola - I am on Windows 7 64bit as well. I am wondering is there a way for me to see the onboard drive / memory on the phone somehow? Anyone know? give it a try and let me know.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

This is what I'm talking about

It worked right up until the point that I installed 2.2 and now nothing happens. Everytime I try to install the drivers I get errors...

Just curious as to why not that many other people have this problem.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Found this on a random post via a google search:

"When you put the phone in charge only mode the driver in device manager will change from that B810 (which I couldn’t get a driver for either) to adb interface go in to the adb interface and right click to update driver it will ask if you want to search automatically or choose from a list you want to chose from a list , adb mot composite, something like that there is only one that sounds like that but update to that one it may give you a message saying it is not recommended or w Pphat ever but just click yes anyway it should say drivers updated successfully and voila good luck need more help"

Not sure debob, I have win 7 64 bit as well and I have never managed to get the drivers to load properly for adb. even using the driver files that have been posted on various websites, the adb composite driver is never recognized by my system. I would like to know the answer to this as well.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bloodoak View Post
    Not sure debob, I have win 7 64 bit as well and I have never managed to get the drivers to load properly for adb. even using the driver files that have been posted on various websites, the adb composite driver is never recognized by my system. I would like to know the answer to this as well.
    the steps i tried about worked out well for me. I can now get my phone to come up with the "adb devices" command.
    Thanked by:

I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight, thanks. Has driven me nuts that I can't get adb to work, even when I was on 2.1

Try this (credit goes to Baracuda2 who I thanked in the How to Root 2.2 offical Thread, Thank him there on page 3 if it works.)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...tml#post357210

If you are having trouble getting the ADB driver installed, try the latest from the Motorola site. Motorola_Mobile_Drivers_4.7.1_MotoConnect_1.1.31.

My previous 4.6 drivers weren't working for OTA froyo on the phone before rooting.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...tml#post357210

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.8-gaaa2611, unlocked

Check out Droid Life board, ADB will NOT work with official 2.2.
    Nextel Flips > Motorola Slider > Blackberry Storm 9530 > Motorola Droid X > Galaxy Nexus
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelhandroid View Post
    ADB DID work with the official 2.2 and DOES work. That's how people are rooting.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Yeah I got mine to connect but never got root. I had to go to class by the time I got it working and didn't have time to type all the commands.

I think it does actually work though.

Please view my previous post...it is possible and does work

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    Please view my previous post...it is possible and does work
    I just connect to device in storage mode and I then copied the driver off unit.. its included in app for Motorola embedded in rom.

Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    I just connect to device in storage mode and I then copied the driver off unit.. its included in app for Motorola embedded in rom.
    Do you mean that you let it install automatically or what? I did the same but it just sat there and failed to install the drivers. so....i dunno.

I think I am going to wait to root anyways until an SBF file is out. That way I can flash back to stock 2.2 if something goes wrong.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

This is what i get with mass storage mode: