So i actually want the slide bar

jjsaw5

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So i updated to 2.2 no issues at all phone is running great...but i noticed that i had the pattern lock on before the update...after it i had to slide the slide bar and then do the pattern.

So i turned off the pattern lock and now i cannot get just the slide bar back.

Anyone have any ideas?

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Weird, in 2.1 there was an option to turn the slide lock on or off. I just went into settings to see where it was to tell you to check that and I can't find it anymore.....does anyone know if they took this out in 2.2 or moved it?

EDIT: I just did a search and people have said that it has been removed in 2.2 to turn it on and off on the fly. A number of people have also reported that if they had it disabled when they did the 2.2 upgrade that it remained disabled BUT the few that have done a device wipe stated that they were able to get the slide lock working again. Must me a flag in the phone some where that when you do a wipe gets cleared to re enable it.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Weird, in 2.1 there was an option to turn the slide lock on or off. I just went into settings to see where it was to tell you to check that and I can't find it anymore.....does anyone know if they took this out in 2.2 or moved it?

I couldnt find that part this AM either , I think they may have took it out.I had mine off before the update , kinda glad I did I did not like it,,,,buuuttt havent found ,,out how or if it can be switched on if I did change my mind about ,lol

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I also had mine off before the update. After the update it is on and I can't turn it off. This sucks!

The free nolock app in the market (or appbrain) should keep that slider lock from popping up tho .

I had nolock on mine before I found that setting to disable it when I was on 2.1 OS. So then I didnt need nolock anymore .

I dont need nolock now since mine is still off after I updated.

Last edited:

pyroelite

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If you want just the slide lock by itself, there are free ones in the market or get widget locker; very customizable slide locks with multiple styles and combinations - can add widgets and whatnot...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk