Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default help. turn off password lock after 2.2

After i updated froyo today my phone is locking after 15 minutes of a non use and is wanting a password. I didn't have a passer before and i don't want 1 now. I've looked in the menu settings and can't figure out how to disable it.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Bump.

im having the same problem...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Glad its not just me.
    I called vzw, they told me to take the battery out for 10 min, needless to say it didn't work.

Then they pulled the magic sphere out and said to do a hard reset, which is their answer for everything.

They don't realize how much work is involved setting the phone back up afterwards. You have to download all your apps, google/mail/facebook setup and the worst part is setting ringtones back to contacts.

I wish I still had my iphone

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Are you on an Exchange server?

I had that problem when I was on my D2 connected to a 2007/2010 exchange server. It is the added security it seems to make you do. extremely annoying.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by dillacom View Post
    Are you on an Exchange server?

I had that problem when I was on my D2 connected to a 2007/2010 exchange server. It is the added security it seems to make you do. extremely annoying.
    Yup.

Generally speaking many companies enforce security like a pass code, so with froyo and the increased exchange integration, that's probably the case.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by mflynn View Post
    Generally speaking many companies enforce security like a pass code, so with froyo and the increased exchange integration, that's probably the case.
    i didnt have this problem with 2.1 on the X, and i didnt have it on my Dinc with 2.2 either. if this was verizon/moto fix to the exchange problem, they f'd up.

anyone know what i can do to bypass this??

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1974w View Post
    Glad its not just me.

... I wish I still had my iphone
    Why? Because iPhone's don't brick, lock and have issues after OTA's? I'm sorry you're having issues (ALL devices do) but this is just meaningless.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Dural View Post
    Why? Because iPhone's don't brick, lock and have issues after OTA's? I'm sorry you're having issues (ALL devices do) but this is just meaningless.
    iPhone's dont do OTA you fruity toolbox!
    I never said the iPhone was perfect either, just that i missed it thats all!

The only reason i switched back to VZW was to meet this HOT sales girl at the VZW store.

needless to say, we've been together for almost 6 months

Default password lock

I fixed mine today - you have to delete your corporate email account...this will allow you to reset the location & security/security/set up screen lock to "none". Then just add your corporate account back and everything will be back to normal - no password to unlock.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

iPhone's dont do OTA you fruity toolbox!
    Really? Why not? (Rhetorical question)

Vacuous...

I never said the iPhone was perfect either, just that i missed it thats all!
    Then go back to it and stop whining.

The only reason i switched back to VZW was to meet this HOT sales girl at the VZW store. needless to say, we've been together for almost 6 months
    (Facepalm)
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by blacklaptop View Post
    I fixed mine today - you have to delete your corporate email account...this will allow you to reset the location & security/security/set up screen lock to "none". Then just add your corporate account back and everything will be back to normal - no password to unlock.
    Thank you for contributing.
    Ill give that a try.

i didnt have this problem with 2.1 on the X, and i didnt have it on my Dinc with 2.2 either. if this was verizon/moto fix to the exchange problem, they f'd up.

anyone know what i can do to bypass this??
    I had it on my Nexus when upgrading to Froyo, and it wasn't built into android 2.1 so that explains why we didn't see it before.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Thanks blacklatop, it worked.

I've never had a corporate account set up on the phone. How exactly would I delete it? Do you mean Corporate Directory (I assume not)? Trying to delete "Corporate Directory" gives me an error message: "Application was not found in the list of installed applications".
    Help?
    THANKS!!

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blacklaptop View Post
    This had worked for me also.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonbilson View Post
    I've never had a corporate account set up on the phone. How exactly would I delete it? Do you mean Corporate Directory (I assume not)? Trying to delete "Corporate Directory" gives me an error message: "Application was not found in the list of installed applications".
    Help?
    THANKS!!
    Use a corporate email account thru Microsoft exchange.
    Your corporate directory will pull company contacts from exchange.