Froy update - Music player freezes and locks up the phone

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The stock music player works fine if you keep it in the vertical orientation. But once I rotate to phone to the horizontal position and back to the vertical the whole screen/ phone freezes up. Music is still playing but none of the controls work, not even the physical buttons. Needed to do a battery pull. :mad: I though i was done with battery pulls once I left blackberry!

This all started after the froyo update.

Phone: Droid X
Muisc: Rhapsody WMA DRM downloads from Vcast
Running Launcher Pro

Has anyone else experienced this?

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I made a post about thisbbwas giving the stock music player another shot. Basically anything crashes it. Had to do 4 battery pulls because of it yesterday and just sameness back using Mixzing. Pathetic Motorola. Pathetic

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
My Droid 2 had this problem- I didn't even have to rotate it. The stock music player froze up my phone. The music actually stopped though and I was unable to do anything except take out my battery and put it back in.

anon(40612)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I've used the stock player almost exclusively on my 2.1 and now my 2.2 Droid X, but I've never had any problems with it locking up the phone. I like the lock-screen controls too much to move away from the Stock player.

I'll try rotating the phone and see what happens.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My music player just locked up my phone, and I had to do my first battery pull ever. This froyo update is really pissing me off. I stream Stern from my home pc through orb, and listen here at work. my reception is a little spotty here, so it cuts out sometimes. It appears to be worse since I did the update yesterday, and just now, it totally froze the phone.

elee1002#IM

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
This is the exact same problem I had with the 2.2 leak, I was hoping that they would have fixed it for the official OTA.....I would check out the cubed music player.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am having this same issue. One other thing is that the music will start stuttering if I am texting or emailing, it usually stutters a soon as I press the send button.

Also, when it does lock up and the music stops playing, the back of the phone starts to heat up a lot!

anon(40612)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
So, with something like this, what's the best place to look for an official statement from Motorola techs for this issue? More importantly, can we confirm that it's a universal OS bug?

SlvrTrd

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I had my music player lock the phone up twice yesterday so i did a data reset last night and now the music player works great and does not lock up the phone.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Update: I got so frustrated with the situation that I did a factory reset. Everything seems to be working fine now. BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I lost my slingplayer mobile and can't download it from market place.

Found a couple post saying this is a google issue with marketplace not recognizing Froyo as an official build so some paid apps won't show up.

I will be super pissed off if I have to pay another 30 bucks for the app when they finally fix the problem.

BigRob3

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
My droid x started having a problem with the music player and I thought it was somehow related to the advanced task killer. But it still froze after I uninstalled. And I don't think it has anything to do with launcher pro. After update it still is the music players fault when my phone freezes and ATK doesn't really work. So now im using watchdog and doubletwist and nothings happen yet. I'll know for sure after running music for five hours while i'm At work tonight. And also stock music player would sometimes freeze for a period of time and made it impossible to unlock phone until battery pull before and after update.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
My droid x started having a problem with the music player and I thought it was somehow related to the advanced task killer. But it still froze after I uninstalled. And I don't think it has anything to do with launcher pro. After update it still is the music players fault when my phone freezes and ATK doesn't really work. So now im using watchdog and doubletwist and nothings happen yet. I'll know for sure after running music for five hours while i'm At work tonight. And also stock music player would sometimes freeze for a period of time and made it impossible to unlock phone until battery pull before and after update.

i did the same thing, I stopped using the built in music player because it kept freezing up on me as well AND the battery would get HOT to the touch when it did lock up and drain the battery fast. My guess is that it's locking up because it's pinning the processor at 100% which would explain the battery drain, phone lock up and heat coming off the battery.

Started using double twist and so far no issues.

w1tty1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Lockup still an issue

My Droid 2 is locking up as well with the built in music player. At first I noticed that while the music was playing and the screen was off, turning it back on would cause the music to skip. After a while just browsing through the albums would lock up the phone, requiring a battery pull and various curse words to be uttered.

Doubletwist doesn't seem to have the issue, although it sucks not having the screen lock controls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non