1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

Default Battery manager FC on Froyo

Since the 2.2 OTA, my battery manager FC's on me every time I try to open it.

Launcher Pro
    Rooted (Barnacle and Drocap)

Anyone else having problems?
    I'm reinstalling apps one at a time to find culprit.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I had the same problem. It stopped after I performed a battery out reset.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I am having the same problem, but I am not rooted. I am running Launcher Pro Plus. If anyone has a solution it would really be helpful.

Thanks
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Its been a hit and miss since the first 2.2 leaked. Some times it works sine times it doesn't.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

mine was doing the same thing yesterday. I charged the phone over night and it's now working correctly.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

I'm not 100% certain, but after a hard reset, I have only installed one app. The "Battery Left" widget. Only the free version. I haven't installed the paid pro version yet. That seems to be the culprit in my case. Uninstalling it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

...another hard reset in my future....

Ok been hammering on this all day.

Working not working, couldn't figure out what was breaking it and what was fixing it.

Mine breaks when I reboot. Clearing data and cache does not solve or fix the problem.

When broke, I open my shortcut for storage and that fixes mine, battery usage works and also for all battery widgets too.
    This is repeatable on mine.

Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

I just performed another hard reset, and my phone is blazing fast except for the battery status FC. I have no battery monitoring software installed, nor any battery management software installed.

edit: actually i do use switchpro, which does have a battery readout. going to stop using it for a while.
    Last edited by hyperlite; 09-23-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Does same for me. Only works immediately after a reboot. Interesting thing is it was shaping mediashare eating a ton of battery which I had previously disabled
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

D'Oh! I don't think it's Battery Widget that's causing it. I don't have battery widget installed and it's still giving me a FC on the battery usage.

Cr@p!

Seems like it only starts working after I take it off the charger from a full charge. It stops working if I reboot or reflash untill I plug it up for a full charge. Thought it was a flyx rom thing but I guess it is just froyo in general. I know ill be sticking with flyx till the bootloader is cracked if that ever happens

Im having the same issues. What happens when if i clear the data for the battery manager in the running services menu? I was going to try it but then i got that "This Application data will be removed Permanently Removed" warning and decided against it.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I've have the same problem lately and I'm rooted also.

I was wonderong if it would help to boot into RECOVERY>advanced> and wipe battery data with clockwork mod?

I tried that and it seemed to have fixed it, unless it was coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by digix View Post
    I've have the same problem lately and I'm rooted also.

I was wonderong if it would help to boot into RECOVERY>advanced> and wipe battery data with clockwork mod?

I tried that and it seemed to have fixed it, unless it was coincidence
    interesting... Keep us updated