Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Froyo stability issues...

On 2.1 my Droid X was rock solid (months of uptime - no crashes or anything), however under 2.2 its been frustratingly flakey.

Yesterday before going for a jog I trying to queue up some music, but the phone slowed down to a crawl, the music app wasn't functioning and when I went to go kill it - the entire phone hanged - this behavior has happened several times. Sometimes if I wait like 5-10 minutes the problem just magically goes away.

More than once when it detects a wifi hub (like at work or home) that I have access to it leaves the 3G radio on - the phone gets surprisingly hot.

Anyone else run into these problems?

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Back up ur stuff.... Factory reset... problem solved.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I was so excited to download 2.2 yesterday. After the download and update my X started randomly freezing, showing delayed reaction to my touch and several complete lockups. I tried several battery pulls and restarts to no avail. All yesterday afternoon and this morning it was impossible to use and it drained battery like no tomorrow. I was ready to throw the phone against a wall (I just past my 30 days for returning it). I checked the battery usage and noticed that the largest use of the battery was going to gmail. I immediately uninstalled the gmail update through the marketplace and now all is good now.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Where did the battery use tool move? It seems to be MIA in 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by angelworks View Post
    where did the battery use tool move? It seems to be mia in 2.2.
    go to settings>battery manager>click on giant battery