Can't make calls after FROYO update??

Droid_Vader

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I just did the OTA FROYO update and was installed without any problems.

However, when I make phone calls I can't hear anything?? No ringing sound or any noise at all. But the funny thing is that the call actually goes through but I didn't even know it unless the other phone was right next to me. I tested it out with other phones so I know the calls go through I just can't hear anything.

I tried pulling the battery out and it did nothing. Has anybody else had this issue after the update??

jerparker

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I had this same problem today. I turned off my X, pulled battery, turned back on and dialed *228. It was then able to make/receive calls again. Frustrating!

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen today as well. Rebooting the phone fixed it. This morning, however, I restarted the phone and it got stuck at the Motorola logo like many are complaining about. I had to pull the battery to get the phone to boot up. Not impressed with this update. Phone seems very glitchy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Another issue that was in the leaked "unofficial 2.2" which cause me to downgrade back to 2.1 hoping that when the official 2.2 came out it would be fixed. I haven't run into the issue yet with 2.2, but after reading this and the camera issue, I'm starting to have less confidence OTA and I am wondering how long it will be before it gets fixed

jasoncardenas21

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else experiencing this? It just happened to me this morning, can't hear anything on the other end but they can hear me. It works in speaker phone and that's it.

Called *228 and that didn't help, re-booted and that didn't help and did a battery pull. I don't want to do a factory reset again. I'm so tired of getting things the way that I want them and then having to do a reset.

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
i had this happen to me 2 times, one time i tried making a phone call while driving, it didnt go through, so i had to reboot the phone and it worked. The 2nd time it happened when i received a call, i was able to answer the call but couldnt hear anything and the person on the other end couldnt hear me. I reset the phone and it worked again. I reboot my phone 3-4 times per day for various problems so i probably save myself this happening more often than not. I should never have to reboot my phone.

the BB battery pull every couple of days is looking mighty tasty until they resolve these droid issues. At least with my BB the thing functioned all the time and was very reliable. Its multimedia functions and web browsing and apps just sucked a big one.

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I'm seeing it too. Battery pull was the only thing that would fix it for me. Sounds fairly wide-spread. Hope they fix it soon!

CIMYA89

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the exact same problem where id make calls but couldnt hear anything unless i put it on speakerphone and after 10 or so battery pulls i took it to vzw and they replaced it because it couldnt be fixed now my 1st dx had rebooting issues and after having it 2 mths.i got a lnc and then my second phone after having it a few days had rebooting issues and i got another lcn then my 3rd dx was the one im speaking of now which i only had a couple hours is the one where i dl froyo and calls wouldnt work as well as battery manager would force close now im on the last lcn which works just perfect so im happy.

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the exact same problem where id make calls but couldnt hear anything unless i put it on speakerphone and after 10 or so battery pulls i took it to vzw and they replaced it because it couldnt be fixed now my 1st dx had rebooting issues and after having it 2 mths.i got a lnc and then my second phone after having it a few days had rebooting issues and i got another lcn then my 3rd dx was the one im speaking of now which i only had a couple hours is the one where i dl froyo and calls wouldnt work as well as battery manager would force close now im on the last lcn which works just perfect so im happy.

They replaced your DX with an INC? how are you switching back and forth between devices? Did you purchase both? Thats a hefty pricetag to do that

jasoncardenas21

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I did battery pulls and it never worked, it figured that when I called VZW that they tell me to do a battery pull and the damn thing worked. If it does it again, I'm calling them back for a new one.

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I did battery pulls and it never worked, it figured that when I called VZW that they tell me to do a battery pull and the damn thing worked. If it does it again, I'm calling them back for a new one.

unfortunately i believe it is software related with the 2.2 software. New phone may do it as well. I saw a hose somewhere else where verizon tells you to update the PRL with a *22899, which forces a reboot when it is done. Same thing as powering off the phone.

battery pulls are no different than powering the phone off and back on. It's not like a blackberry where the phone doesnt completely shut off with a power off. On the droid a power off is a full power off, same as removing the battery. Dont waste your time potentially ripping off the pulltab.

plus removing my battery caused the battery's moisture indicator to get stuck to the rubber. Hopefully that doesnt void my warranty.

wootdroid

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Same thing has happened to me twice in the 2 weeks I have had the phone. First time reboot fixed the problem. Second time, it took 3 reboots to finally get sound back. Very frustrating.

jasoncardenas21

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they assumed that it is defective so they are sending me another re-furbished. I don't mind the Cert Like New phones as long as they work how they are suppose to work.

kestep

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
This didn't start happening to me until after the 2.2 OTA, so it would seem to be a software issue.

I don't know if it is related or not, but I think this happens to me after using an app that uses sound BEFORE making or receiving phone calls.

For example, I often will fire up a podcast in Google Listen or a quick game of Fruit Ninja in the morning before calling or getting a call. Then when its time to make or receive for a call, I don't hear anything from the phone.

Since this is my business line, I consider it a big deal. The good news is that a reboot fixes it for me...

will123w

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me as well. Verizon tech had me change a number in some hidden system menu. Loon and the short of it, the update screwed up my location and the phone thought it was in another part of the country. After I switched the number my calls have gone through just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37