is this a typical.wifi problem? connects to network but no connectivity.

jcochranusn

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I can connect fine to networks, and I even see the Siri bars in the notification bar. However, im getting no connectivity at all. Pages wont load, Skype wont connect, etc.

This Droid X is about to be taken back...any guidance anyone?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure I can do much for you, but I would say that this is not a typical wi-fi problem. The only wi-fi problem I've experienced in the last couple of months is an occasional failure to reconnect to the wi-fi after being idle, or out of range, and back into the area.

That condition has only required a touch to the wi-fi selection on the DX settings to reestablish the connection. I haven't seen that at all since I upgraded to 2.2 yesterday.

I think you need to go into a bit more detail of your problem before anyone can really help you.

jcochranusn

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, vicw926a4.

Basically, I connect to a wifi network (one that I KNOW is up and running and functioning perfectly). When I get connected, the wifi icon shows up on the notification bar to show that I am connected. When I check in wifi settings, it also shows I'm successfully connected.

However, when I try to open a webpage in Dolphin...it acts as if there is no internet connection at all. The page never loads. If I try to sign in to Skype, it says it cannot access my data network. And so and so forth for other apps that require internet access.

When I disconnect from wifi and my 3G starts again...I can connect to internet/skype with ease and with no problems at all.

I just don't get it:(

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not positive, but I don't think Skype will run via wi-fi, and is required to use a cellular pathway.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I just took a look at the EULA agreement on the Skype Mobile that is in the DX, and it does say that calls on Skype are carried by the Verizon network.

jcochranusn

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Vic, thanks again for your reply. Any idea why none of the other stuff works on wifi though? Dolphine, Google Talk, nothing works on my phone if it requires internet and I'm on wifi...nothing.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Vic, thanks again for your reply. Any idea why none of the other stuff works on wifi though? Dolphine, Google Talk, nothing works on my phone if it requires internet and I'm on wifi...nothing.

Google Talk should work. It does on mine.

I don't know anything about Dolphine (Dolphin?)

Are you able to get your Gmail downloaded via Wi-Fi, or is that a problem too?

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
what kind of router do you have?? B/G/N? Different routers sometimes do not work with the DX. There is a stickie at the top of the forums where users have listed their router type and configuration settings that work with the DX.

My router at work randomly drops internet connection (wifi still stays connected, but i have no internet connection), but my router at home never drops connection.

check out the stickie and see if you find anything useful

jcochranusn

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Google Talk doesnt work. Dolphin browser doesnt work. Pandora doesn't work. Facebook doesn't work. NOTHING that uses internet works.

My iPhone never had this problem, as ashamed as I am to say that.

Forget it, I'm returning this junk.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Why not just take it into your local VZN store, and see if they can help, or try the DX on a nearby hotspot to see if it might work there? You could just have a defective, and they can replace it.

iPhones had their fair share of startup issues. I had one for two years, and I went through a few of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon