Replacement droid x because of froyo...

gjx#AC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Im waiting for my new x to come in today because froyo messed up the last one wondering if any one has received there replacement and is 2.2 on it or is 2.1. Has 2.2 been updated to the x's shipping now and are there still problems if in fact 2.2 has been updated to them?

n2deep27

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
My replacement X (#3) should be here today as well. Froyo messed up the first one and bricked the second one. Verizon Tech Support informed me yesterday that they are NOT shipping with 2.2. They also informed me NOT to download the 2.2 update and that they are suspending the push of the update. The mentioned that it is not disabled to download yet, but would be soon. They are aware of multiple issues, included the Wi-Fi problems.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
also the vzw website was still showing the dx with 2.1 on it
at least motorola admired to their bad on the wifi for netgear router
my wifi issue is history on tapatalk so didn't know how to link to it using tapatalk
Sent using Tapatalk

tdrus1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My replacement X (#3) should be here today as well. Froyo messed up the first one and bricked the second one. Verizon Tech Support informed me yesterday that they are NOT shipping with 2.2. They also informed me NOT to download the 2.2 update and that they are suspending the push of the update. The mentioned that it is not disabled to download yet, but would be soon. They are aware of multiple issues, included the Wi-Fi problems.

Wow seriously?? I thought they might do this. Great job with this update, guys.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gjx#AC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Well just got my new droid in, they sent me a referb son of a gun vzw is getting on my last nerv... atleast it works and has 2.1 thank goodness...

Fabrian

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I received my replacement refurb :L today because of a bricked froyo update on my less-than-2-month-old-brand-new DX.

I activated it and did the update over wifi. I then did a factory reset because it never really was "fresh" - in other words, I was never prompted to log in or create a google account from the first time I turned it on.

After the factory reset, it booted fine, I logged into my gmail account and all apps synced back.

All is well now. Pot luck? No clue, but so far I'm good.

Either way you slice it, there's no question something is funked with this release. I hope Moto straightens it out quickly..

Seriously, isn't the main purpose of locking down this device (for moto anyway) to keep it stable? Meh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel