Dropbox

jemalone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I had dropbox installed on my DX before I upgraded to froyo. Now that I have Froyo on the dx and go into appbrain it tells me there is an upgrade for dropbox but it never gets it downloaded and installed. Is anyone else having this problem and able to get it upgraded.

thanks

waazzupppp#WN

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
It seems that 2.2 has had some marketplace issues, at least on the EVO for me. The X is the first device since to get 2.2 and I'm sure you are having the same issues that I was.

The good news is that they do eventually download, the bad, you have to try it about 5 times. I've also found that my market hates Wifi... So disable it if you are using it and see if the problem persists.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
jemalone,

I am a HUGE Dropbox user. It is totally invaluable for me between work and school.

I am rather new to the Droid experience. But I was quite involved in transitioning to newer OS builds on my Blackberry. I have found the same is true for me on the Droid as it was on my Blackberry when transitioning.

When installing a new OS build OTA, you are essentially installing it OVER whatever setup you have on your phone. In theory this should work, BUT you are guaranteeing yourself conflicts if your phone has all sorts of apps, settings, lists, etc. The BEST scenario for an OTA upgrade is to have your phone bone stock with factory settings just prior to the upgrade. This is my suggestion and I am making it because it is exactly what I did and my phone is running great with better battery life. I attribute that mostly to 2.2 Froyo.

1. Go through your phone and make a list of all the apps you use.

2. Research how to flash your phone back to stock. I would tell you how here and provide you will all the links necessary but certain moderators get all upset and delete my post. So PM me if you are lost. But revert to stock first, then bring your phone back online with Verizon, and bring back your contacts with Google Sync.

3. Download the new OS, in this case Froyo 2.2 Official.

4. Reinstall all your favorite apps, such as Dropbox, fresh.

This will take some time, but it is well worth it. By "wiping" your phone before moving to the new OS, you are essentially cleaning out the phone and preventing any conflicts that will result from all the upgrade patches, app upgrades, etc.

My Dropbox came back fine without a hitch and my phone is running just wonderfully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae