1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Real hdmi

I am unable to find real hdmi in the market, anybody know what's up?

Are you on Froyo? Go to settings - applications - manage applications - select the Running Tab. find Market and clear cache or data or both. I'm not sure which one. Can someone confirm with me?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

I believe gman pulled it for the time being while he works more on it.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Really? I just d/l'd it 2 days ago. is it a Froyo thing??
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobthebob View Post
    Really? I just d/l'd it 2 days ago. is it a Froyo thing??
    I think so.

Is it available in your market now?
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Try going to your downloads in market. Press the bottom left button and select downloads. Real HDMI should be there saying Purchased.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks guys for the quick response.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXDoes View Post
    Try going to your downloads in market. Press the bottom left button and select downloads. Real HDMI should be there saying Purchased.
    But what if it hasn't been purchased yet? Is it available in anyone else's market? I thought it was pulled. But yeah, if you've downloaded it, it'll be in your downloads.

I know, he said he bought it 2 days ago so it's there, but for anyone else I'm not sure.

So no one can use this app at the moment? It's one of the main reason's I spent money on a HDMI cable. Motorola and the other company's need to get on the same page with the licensing issues. Who wants to view JUST their droid x videos and pictures from the gallery! Sht sux

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

it was pulled because there was a kernel bug (on motorolas end) that would cause the screen to not switch back to the DX and you would have to do a battery pull, it was also the possible cause of some other bug(s) on the phone, I think they might have fixed it in the upcoming update.

he was also having problems with people buying it for phones it was not made for even though it said for Droid X only and he had to deal with tech support and refunds with them and it was taking up a lot of time so he pulled it for now

I read this on a post from gman (dont remember where)

I hope it gets fixed because I am dying for this app
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:

I could never get the app to work right.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dubge View Post
    it was pulled because there was a kernel bug (on motorolas end) that would cause the screen to not switch back to the DX ... he was also having problems with people buying it for phones it was not made for ... so he pulled it for now

I read this on a post from gman (dont remember where)

I hope it gets fixed because I am dying for this app
    I remember reading this as well... I believe he said he would re-post it to the market periodically, so that people who wanted it even with the bugs could have it.

I bought it, but haven't gotten around to ordering an HDMI cable yet. Whoops.
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Tranquil Ice , RazrX

The problem was Froyo . Dev said that Froyo was too buggy , and he needed to pull it because of the tons of emails everyday asking him to fix it or to refund their money. My understanding was the app was definately being pulled from Droid X 2.2 markets , maybe not 2.1 and below markets.

oops , the above posts were not there when i went to reply.
    I Promise ! LOL
    No really i just didnt go to second Page!
    Thanked by:

Appreciate the responses! I will be on the look out for the revised app! It is a must have for me.

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I will try to remember to post on this thread if it its ever updated, to give you a heads up.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

Quote Originally Posted by cae2685 View Post
    I will try to remember to post on this thread if it its ever updated, to give you a heads up.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk
    Appreciate it!

I checked this a.m. And the app was back on the market! Who knos for how long....get it while its hot! Lol

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's on the market right now (12:47 am eastern)

Sent using Tapatalk
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

So does this app allow for viewing of anything over HDMI instead of just pictures & video shot with our X? I want an app or a hack that does full mirroring, is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    So does this app allow for viewing of anything over HDMI instead of just pictures & video shot with our X? I want an app or a hack that does full mirroring, is that possible?
    It allows you to show whatever you want across the hdmi. The only problem is that it doesn't allow the TV and your droid screen to work at same time. I am sure there are some YouTube videos that show what I am talking about.

Wow, looks like Motorola did listen about the bug, and it's been fixed in the latest update.

I'll wait for feedback before throwing down $3.90, but it's great to know that the developer didn't give up on this!

HDMI cable allows you to run longer lengths that traditional cables, but is limited to 150 feet. HDMI combines video and multi-channel audio into a single cable, eliminating the cost, complexity, and confusion of multiple cables currently used in A/V systems.
    Hope this is helpful for you.