"I'm sorry what did you say"

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Call quality has went down hill since this 2.2 update. I get nothing but static and choppy sound. Any one else having this problem and if so have you found a work around! I called VZ all I got is they know about it and they are working on an update!!!!

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I just got a refurb warranty replacement after 2.2 killed my original X. 2.2 runs great on the new one, except for this issue. Static and choppy sound when using the handset speaker. The speaker phone speaker sounds fine. I figured it was a bad speaker on the refurb, and they are sending me another one.

Is this a wide spread 2.2 issue? Im going to be upset if it is.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I just got a refurb warranty replacement after 2.2 killed my original X. 2.2 runs great on the new one, except for this issue. Static and choppy sound when using the handset speaker. The speaker phone speaker sounds fine. I figured it was a bad speaker on the refurb, and they are sending me another one.

Verizon said they have been getting calls about it since the 2.2 update!!!

imwjl#AC

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I've only had my phone since Wed., updated it before using it (took one call on 2.1). My hand set speaker crackles or vibrates at anything above 1/2 volume and that is not really loud enough for outdoors, my car and my old ears. The speaker phone is fine.

FWIW: An associate I talk with often said I sound more like I'm on a cell phone with this phone than with my last (Blackberry Storm).

Everything with the phone sounds too soft or too loud if that makes any sense.

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I didnt even consider it could be software, I thought they sent me a bum refurb. I guess that means the phone I get in a couple days will have the same problems. Thats unfortunate. The thing I do the least is talk on the phone, and even then its often on speaker, but the times I do use the phone as its DESIGNED to be used, I dont want to have to fight to hear through speaker noise.

Maybe if I complain enough I can get them to send me a fascinate.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I didnt even consider it could be software, I thought they sent me a bum refurb. I guess that means the phone I get in a couple days will have the same problems. Thats unfortunate. The thing I do the least is talk on the phone, and even then its often on speaker, but the times I do use the phone as its DESIGNED to be used, I dont want to have to fight to hear through speaker noise.

Maybe if I complain enough I can get them to send me a fascinate.

Maybe!!! But in the words of VZ "we are working on that update as we speak!!"

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I can't tell. Of course, I did the ev-c switch for two weeks and couldn't tell, either...have you tried that?
I believe you, I just can't tell a difference myself. Maybe too much loud music? :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463