Please stop the beeps!

jkeeley1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
anyone else getting annoying beeps during calls after the 2.2 update? I keep getting a double beep every few seconds during a call and it can be heard on both ends. a reboot will temporarily fix the problem. anyone have any clue what is causing it?

rsmiley

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm the author of Good Morning. I just released a new version that should fix the beeps. I don't own a Droid X (just the original Droid), and there's not much information on the net about what causes the beeps, so finding the problem was difficult, but here's my best guess:

When the text-to-speech service is set to use the Alarm volume and doesn't get properly killed (and it's still running during a phone call), certain phones (Droid X and Droid 2) will beep every 10 seconds.

Only 2 apps have caused this so far: Tasker and Good Morning.

Anyway, hope this helps!

inasad

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't have either of those apps that I'm aware of and I get the annoying beeps too. As far as I know, it just started today. I don't talk on the phone much though.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This very problem has been discussed NUMEROUS times on the Motorola User Forum.

My best suggestion is to join up and read the myriad of posts and fixes. Administrators have chastised me for posting links to other websites here.

However, every Droid owner here should join the Motorola Users Forum. Its very informative.

jkeeley1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm the author of Good Morning. I just released a new version that should fix the beeps. I don't own a Droid X (just the original Droid), and there's not much information on the net about what causes the beeps, so finding the problem was difficult, but here's my best guess:

When the text-to-speech service is set to use the Alarm volume and doesn't get properly killed (and it's still running during a phone call), certain phones (Droid X and Droid 2) will beep every 10 seconds.

Only 2 apps have caused this so far: Tasker and Good Morning.

Anyway, hope this helps!

Just wanted to follow up that upgrading had fixed the issue, Good Morning is a great app and I will continue to use it!

jkeeley1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't have either of those apps that I'm aware of and I get the annoying beeps too. As far as I know, it just started today. I don't talk on the phone much though.

When the tech was initially checking over my phone he had thought it was the "minute beep", apparently there is a setting where you can have it beep every 60 seconds to help account for usage. you may want to look into that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol