Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Please stop the beeps!

anyone else getting annoying beeps during calls after the 2.2 update? I keep getting a double beep every few seconds during a call and it can be heard on both ends. a reboot will temporarily fix the problem. anyone have any clue what is causing it?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Do you have a 3rd party messaging app configured to remind you of new messages or calendar appointments?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Took it into a vzw store, turns out it was the good morning alarm app.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hey, I'm the author of Good Morning. I just released a new version that should fix the beeps. I don't own a Droid X (just the original Droid), and there's not much information on the net about what causes the beeps, so finding the problem was difficult, but here's my best guess:

When the text-to-speech service is set to use the Alarm volume and doesn't get properly killed (and it's still running during a phone call), certain phones (Droid X and Droid 2) will beep every 10 seconds.

Only 2 apps have caused this so far: Tasker and Good Morning.

Anyway, hope this helps!

I don't have either of those apps that I'm aware of and I get the annoying beeps too. As far as I know, it just started today. I don't talk on the phone much though.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.8-gaaa2611, unlocked

This very problem has been discussed NUMEROUS times on the Motorola User Forum.

My best suggestion is to join up and read the myriad of posts and fixes. Administrators have chastised me for posting links to other websites here.

However, every Droid owner here should join the Motorola Users Forum. Its very informative.
    Nextel Flips > Motorola Slider > Blackberry Storm 9530 > Motorola Droid X > Galaxy Nexus
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsmiley View Post
    Hey, I'm the author of Good Morning. I just released a new version that should fix the beeps. I don't own a Droid X (just the original Droid), and there's not much information on the net about what causes the beeps, so finding the problem was difficult, but here's my best guess:

When the text-to-speech service is set to use the Alarm volume and doesn't get properly killed (and it's still running during a phone call), certain phones (Droid X and Droid 2) will beep every 10 seconds.

Only 2 apps have caused this so far: Tasker and Good Morning.

Anyway, hope this helps!
    Just wanted to follow up that upgrading had fixed the issue, Good Morning is a great app and I will continue to use it!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inasad View Post
    I don't have either of those apps that I'm aware of and I get the annoying beeps too. As far as I know, it just started today. I don't talk on the phone much though.
    When the tech was initially checking over my phone he had thought it was the "minute beep", apparently there is a setting where you can have it beep every 60 seconds to help account for usage. you may want to look into that.