Any Word When VZW will send update to fix 2.2 Bugs for X

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if and when verizon or motorola will send out a fix update for the 2.2 Bugs. I've got a browser bug that drives me insane. It will just shut off and go back to the home screen. Please send out a update fix for 2.2. Thanks :)

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
df79transam,

ditch the stock browser for Dolphin HD. Much better kit browser IMO, with tons of cool add-on apps (all free).

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Fifth Sunday in October. These bugs have been around since first os leak dropped. And they didn't fix them. So I don't think there in a hurry to fix it.

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, it will be a little while. Like I was content with waiting for 2.0 in the hopes that moto was going to provide a solid upgrade, I'm willing to wait so that they produce a solid upgrade. They really didn't provide a solid upgrade so here's hoping to the bug fix

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Fifth Sunday in October. These bugs have been around since first os leak dropped. And they didn't fix them. So I don't think there in a hurry to fix it.

Nor were they in a hurry to push 2.2 out to us. Between the lack of quality in 2.2, and Motorola's delaying of releasing it, I'm quite disappointed. HTC seemed to have gotten their act together, the Incredible and EVO seem to have minimal issues with 2.2, and they were pushed out in a timely manner.

Dellbx

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
The stakes are different now. 2.1 was quite stable and they were in no hurry to release 2.2. Moto did not give Froyo the appropriate priority, did not assign the proper resources to get it out on time. Now that the buggy 2.2 version is out, it is costing them $$ to support it. So now it is in their best interest to assign all the resources necessary to get this thing done right. There will probably be no update until EVERY known bug gets fixed. They will not release piecemeal updates. My best guess is we will see it before the end of October.

Last edited:

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
By the time an update comes around, the X will probably be off the market and replaced by something else. As fast as Android phones are being produced, I see the X being replaced either by or shortly after Christmas. If that happens, you bet that Motorola will indeed take their sweet time in prepping an update if it hasn't been done by then, they'll be focusing more on the newer devices that are released at that time.

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Nor were they in a hurry to push 2.2 out to us. Between the lack of quality in 2.2, and Motorola's delaying of releasing it, I'm quite disappointed. HTC seemed to have gotten their act together, the Incredible and EVO seem to have minimal issues with 2.2, and they were pushed out in a timely manner.

The reason I have the Droid X is because the INC 2.2 update killed my phone. There were many problems with the INC update and HTC did not admit to any of them. There were also problems with the original Evo 2.2 update which HTC did fix in a short period of time. All I can say for me the X 2.2 update went a million times smoother then my Incredible update.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
The reason I have the Droid X is because the INC 2.2 update killed my phone. There were many problems with the INC update and HTC did not admit to any of them. There were also problems with the original Evo 2.2 update which HTC did fix in a short period of time. All I can say for me the X 2.2 update went a million times smoother then my Incredible update.

Interesting... I have friends that own both phones and they've had nothing but goodl luck with theirs. Meanwhile I'm sitting here wondering why my phone is sluggish...

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Interesting... I have friends that own both phones and they've had nothing but goodl luck with theirs. Meanwhile I'm sitting here wondering why my phone is sluggish...

After having such issues with the Inc and the 2.2 update and having no major issues with the X update I am convinced it is really luck of the draw. Some people are going to have no issues when they get an update and many others will have big issues. You would think it would be more scientific then that but I do not believe it is.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Very true. It's very wierd how people can have the same phone, not modify the operating system in any way, receive the same update, yet a handful of people will have nothing but issues while the rest are fine. My, how technology is great! :)

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

the 5th sunday is the 31st or did you mean the 2nd Tuesday of next week?

tduffysd

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
The stakes are different now. 2.1 was quite stable and they were in no hurry to release 2.2. Moto did not give Froyo the appropriate priority, did not assign the proper resources to get it out on time. Now that the buggy 2.2 version is out, it is costing them $$ to support it. So now it is in their best interest to assign all the resources necessary to get this thing done right. There will probably be no update until EVERY known bug gets fixed. They will not release piecemeal updates. My best guess is we will see it before the end of October.
So.... what are all these bugs in 2.2 and since when was 2.1 more stable?? My device works way better after the update. And just to make sure i was getting the best, I factory reset.

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Very true. It's very wierd how people can have the same phone, not modify the operating system in any way, receive the same update, yet a handful of people will have nothing but issues while the rest are fine. My, how technology is great! :)

With the Storm2, there were 5 different manufacturing locations for the handset. I had a US built Storm2 on launch, it broke and I got a refurb from Mexico. All these diffrent locations can have tiny differences in hardware set-up. Don't know if that is how the Droid handsets work, but it could be a good possibilty.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't know but ill mention it anyways, I wish verizon would give folks the option to go back to 2.1, and that might be and option, like I said, I don't know. At least their phone worked.
And another thing, im gonna be madder than he'll if they come out with the second version of this phone around christmas, that's the same **** they done with the blackberry storm, and im still bitter about that. Make us X owners feel like we just bought the best device on the market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance