Any Word When VZW will send update to fix 2.2 Bugs for X

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know but ill mention it anyways, I wish verizon would give folks the option to go back to 2.1, and that might be and option, like I said, I don't know. At least their phone worked.
And another thing, im gonna be madder than he'll if they come out with the second version of this phone around christmas, that's the same **** they done with the blackberry storm, and im still bitter about that. Make us X owners feel like we just bought the best device on the market.

Word. Went through that same crap with all of my Blackberrys. Thought I had the latest and greatest, then a few months later a better one comes out to replace that device I JUST got. However, since Android phones are multiplying quickly, it wouldn't surprise me if what you mentioned did happen.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Word. Went through that same crap with all of my Blackberrys. Thought I had the latest and greatest, then a few months later a better one comes out to replace that device I JUST got. However, since Android phones are multiplying quickly, it wouldn't surprise me if what you mentioned did happen.

That would be sweet though to get a better, higher contrast screen with deeper
black levels , ditch the clunky physical buttons for capacitive, improve and refine the
Motoblur OS and come with a bigger battery, minus the weird lump on the back !!

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I kinda like the layout of the droid x. I looked at buying an incredible and the fasicinate but both have those touch capacitive buttons, and I kept accidently hitting them, I liked the screen size of the X along with the physical buttons at the bottom. The X is like living in heaven compared to where I was at earlier this year, I had a storm one, so im used to bugs, I can put up with 2.2's bugs for a while but would still like to be assured, that moto and Vzw are concerned and are trying to fix the issues.
Its nice to feel loved. :)

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I kinda like the layout of the droid x. I looked at buying an incredible and the fasicinate but both have those touch capacitive buttons, and I kept accidently hitting them, I liked the screen size of the X along with the physical buttons at the bottom. The X is like living in heaven compared to where I was at earlier this year, I had a storm one, so im used to bugs, I can put up with 2.2's bugs for a while but would still like to be assured, that moto and Vzw are concerned and are trying to fix the issues.
Its nice to feel loved. :)

You and I are from the same world sir.

Sent from my DROIDX

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That would be sweet though to get a better, higher contrast screen with deeper
black levels , ditch the clunky physical buttons for capacitive, improve and refine the
Motoblur OS and come with a bigger battery, minus the weird lump on the back !!

... also on the bigger battery make it with a new style door to flatten out the back so the "weird lump" , is gone ..

and yep the dinc didnt have as many issues with their update

... my biggest complaint is the way I had to reset my router (since motorola admited their update broke things with that router)to get it out of that WiFi's loop , otherwise the update went good

unseenme#WN

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I hope you guys don't seriously think the X is the be-all end-all of phones! 6 months is the averge life of the newest phone. It's technology folks. Ever-growing. I guarantee you there's an X replacement already built & being tested. Do a search for DROID T2 or INCREDIBLE HD. As excited as I am about gettin my X in a couple of weeks, by Christmas there will be a predecessor. That's just the way it is.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I hope you guys don't seriously think the X is the be-all end-all of phones! 6 months is the averge life of the newest phone. It's technology folks. Ever-growing. I guarantee you there's an X replacement already built & being tested. Do a search for DROID T2 or INCREDIBLE HD. As excited as I am about gettin my X in a couple of weeks, by Christmas there will be a predecessor. That's just the way it is.

You must be a noob, as my response is "no s**t Sherlock". Tell us something we don't know.

unseenme#WN

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
You must be a noob, as my response is "no s**t Sherlock". Tell us something we don't know.

only a noob in post count Watson :)

on a more intelligent note...getting an update 2 months after a a phone release is a pretty damn good for VZW. I too went through the Storm craze. I'm sure Moto will continue development on the X for a while. It's a popular phone and they plan to keep it that way I bet.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
That would be wild if they did release the update on that day. I wanna say it again, I love this damn phone, god I can do everything on this droid x, or a droid in general. I was reading on crackberry about Vzw and how they may not sell the storm 3, and all those bad feelings started to come back to me and part of me made me grateful I jumped ship.
The storm platform, though at first seemed so awesome when I first got the thing, but after getting my first android powered devise, God was I ever brain washed by rim, the storm platform sucks bigger than a turd you just can't sqeeze out no matter what you do.
Like I said, I put up with rims bugs they never wanted to fix and then their fixing the bugs by making a new model in less than three months it seemed, I can wait a little longer for logo, and the big red, at least I feel loved over on this side of the fence.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this should be interesting. I am going to sound like a broken record but here goes.

Its not Motorola that "pushes" an update. Its all VZW. Unless things drastically changed the way OS's are approved at Verizon. Who comes up with these OS versions? Google? Motorola just makes the device right? Then makes a branding version of their own and sends it to vzw who has their whole approval process?

Between phones there doesn't seem to much of a difference between blur and sense. Slight changes of an open source os that differentiates the phone. Hopefully someone with a bit of knowledge can chime in.

And what about leaks? Should we still not talk about it?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
...Motorola just makes the device right? ...

I don't think this is true. I'm pretty sure Motorola provides at least some of the code.

I was told by Matt on the Moto User forum, that Moto had updated the Contact code for one of the other Droids, to properly sort and display, but that he couldn't promise it would be fixed by Moto in time for the 2.2 update, and of course it wasn't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Right. Some of the code. Which is what I think is mostly "Blur". Once they put their blur on there it goes to vzw who puts it through several levels of approval, or sometimes seems to just spit out an OS after only having for a couple days. Either way they are probably testing the next update now, which we could see as a minor bug fix in a couple months or never. Getting an update every six months would be awesome. A dream I know.

If its anything like the BB. I am just trying to say be patient. If you are looking for an update evey month, be prepared to be let down. This OS is purty damn good and I wonder how many issues aren't third party app issues?