Accelerometer sensor is awful

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having trouble with the accelerometer on their DX? For the last couple months, I've noticed that mine doesn't seem to reset all the time. 80% of the time my phone works fine, but sometimes I will do something to engage the accelerometer, and have a lot of difficulty getting it back into portrait mode. I'll try rotating the phone slowly an entire 360 degrees and it still won't reset to portrait. I'll have the phone sitting on the floor in front of me in exactly a 90 degree angle but it will still be in landscape mode. Even if I leave it for a full minute it won't reset.

Is there some kind of way I can calibrate the phone to work a little more smoothly? Or do I need to turn it a different way? There is nothing more frustrating than being stuck in landscape and not being able to reset to portrait without going into settings and manually cutting off the accelerometer. I even did a factory wipe on my phone a couple days ago but it still acts the same. Thanks for any help.

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having trouble with the accelerometer on their DX? For the last couple months, I've noticed that mine doesn't seem to reset all the time. 80% of the time my phone works fine, but sometimes I will do something to engage the accelerometer, and have a lot of difficulty getting it back into portrait mode. I'll try rotating the phone slowly an entire 360 degrees and it still won't reset to portrait. I'll have the phone sitting on the floor in front of me in exactly a 90 degree angle but it will still be in landscape mode. Even if I leave it for a full minute it won't reset.

Is there some kind of way I can calibrate the phone to work a little more smoothly? Or do I need to turn it a different way? There is nothing more frustrating than being stuck in landscape and not being able to reset to portrait without going into settings and manually cutting off the accelerometer. I even did a factory wipe on my phone a couple days ago but it still acts the same. Thanks for any help.

Might be a bad accelerometer. I work on aircraft, the accelerometers are known to go out (but we pull 9 g's on our accelerometers).

Calibrate the compass to makes sure that it takes, then play an accelerometer based game (like labrinth or Need for speed) and see if it is smooth while running an app. If you pass the compass calibration but have bad accelerometer feedback in the apps, then it is a bad acclerometer. if you fail the compass or have good accelerometer feedback in the app then I would say it is software related.