Movies

fltdspx

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have several movies that I play on my itouch...will they play on the droidx ? if not how do I get movies for the droidx ?

thanks

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have several movies that I play on my itouch...will they play on the droidx ? if not how do I get movies for the droidx ?

thanks

They should play fine, I have videos that I play on my Droid X that I share with my friend to allow him to watch them on his iPhone and the Touch is basically the same device minus the phone. If you run into issues you can give DVD Catalyst 3 a look from Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst, it appears to be one of the best and becoming most popular app being used to optimize videos from Droid X.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I saw a test drive of the DX before it was released. Hot Tub Time Machine was loaded on the DX and being viewed.

Has anyone done this and how does the DX handle it?

urdaddi

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Tried the DVD Catalyst . Software worked very well. But the quality of the video after ripping directly from the DVD was not too good.....it was very pixalated and blurry in spots. I do not see anyway to make any adjustments to the video quality.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Using the DVD Catalyst Free (the one for the Droix X...maybe you selected the wrong phone), I've ripped 5 or 6 movies, played them all on my X, and each of them is as clear and crisp as watching the finest video on the finest player. Absolute perfection.

urdaddi

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Using the DVD Catalyst Free (the one for the Droix X...maybe you selected the wrong phone), I've ripped 5 or 6 movies, played them all on my X, and each of them is as clear and crisp as watching the finest video on the finest player. Absolute perfection.

That is exactly what I used.....Droid X specific download. I thought it was wrong, uninstalled it, re-installed, and then tried a second time......same results - it worked fine, but quality was poor.

I am going to try a trial of the version in which you pay for.....the price seems very reasonable if it works.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Can DVD Catalyst rip DVD's directly from a movie DVD that has copyright protections?

I figure I better point this out before another post gets locked, questions like this are not allowed, other post has been locked for this question.

That is exactly what I used.....Droid X specific download. I thought it was wrong, uninstalled it, re-installed, and then tried a second time......same results - it worked fine, but quality was poor.

I am going to try a trial of the version in which you pay for.....the price seems very reasonable if it works.

Strange, I haven't had nothing but clear videos using DVD Catalyst, are you using conversion setting to Motorola Droid? This setting works perfectly with Droid X.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36