sheisntreal

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Help...I've had my droid x about a month or so now. My question is do I need a memory card to transfer all my pictures on my pc to my phone? I also have had trouble sending pictures in text msgs, it seems to just send back to me. The manual doesn't have enough info. Any answers would be appreciated!! Thanks

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Treat the DX as a flash drive with your computer. You can move any files this way, including music.

Pictures go into mms (media) messages, not sms (short messages). that may be part of your problem. Usually, it's pretty automatic if you are sending from the photo itself (as "sharing").

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
like others have said, use the supplied usb cable to attach the droid to your computer and drag the pictures over.

1. plug in droid to usb port
2. swipe down the notification panel and select "usb connection"
3. choose "USB Mass Storage"

you should in a few seconds see windows asking what to do with the new drive, select view folder (or whatever that option specifically says)

then navigate to dcim/camera and all your pictures should be there

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes you need a card because you can not save or access the internal device memory. Also remember that if you want to have image in exact resolution as photo taken from camera send it as email because MMS reduces quality of images before sending file...

But I agree with other post that is would just be easier to just connect device to PC and mount as a Mass Storage device.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
you don't need another card though, the droid x comes with a 16gb microSD card along with its 8GB of nand.

if your droid didn't come with the sd card, go to vzw and tell them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney