Contacts from Blackberry desktop Manager to DX

pharmasearx

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Verizon deleted my Blackberry Curve for my son to use as his phone before transferring my contacts to my DX. Is there any way to download my contacts from the Blackberry Desktop Manager to my DX?

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Get your son to install Google Sync from BB App World, using your g-mail account. Then, sync the BB with Google Sync. Contacts should transfer.

pharmasearx

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I,m not sure I follow. There are no contacts on the BB. The contacts are on my computer in the BB Desktop Manager program. I cannot find a way to get the contacts off my computer. The people at Verizon told me to copy the contacts off the computer but I cannot find the file with the contacts.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
If you backed up your blackberry with DM, can't you restore it, then go the google sync route?

I ask because I don't believe there is a way to simply and easily get the contacts out of dm, but it is fairly easy to securely erase your blackberry so you don't have to take out back to verizon. If you set a password, then enter it wrong ten times, the bb will erase itself. A handy security feature...

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
There is an option to export contacts as a csv file in desktop manager. Then you can import the csv file into your gmail acct on your computer, which will sync to your Android device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool