Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car home?

Anyone get the new car home working on their x? I can't find it in the market but got it off appbrain and installed but it wouldn't run.

I use the car dock all the time and would love an updated app.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha752 View Post
    Anyone get the new car home working on their x? I can't find it in the market but got it off appbrain and installed but it wouldn't run.

I use the car dock all the time and would love an updated app.
    Did you try it while it was in the car dock? It is not working on the X unless you use it while it is docked.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Oh ok, im not near my car right now, ill try it out later.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

I got this from Droid Life. You can use it without the car dock by doing this:

1. Using AppBrains Fast Web Installer, send the app to install from this page.
    2. Once installed, head to home screen with space on it.
    3. Hit Menu>Add>Shortcuts>Activities (you need LauncherPro installed).
    4. In Activities, scroll down to Car Home and tap on it.
    5. Now select Car Home com.google.android.carhome.CarHome.
    6. You will now have a shortcut to the app on your homescreen.

I tired it and it works.

Its no longer working. Personally i prefer Custom Car Home. Check it out.
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

I got mine working off the droid-life site. Just follow the how to you can play music make calls and all that without the dock in the app.

sent by me on my X

anyone know if there is one of these custom apps for the home dock?

Here's the link where I got it from.

Car Home - Android app on AppBrain

I downloaded it onto my computer and dragged it onto my X. At first I couldn't tell it had transferred but once I plugged it into my car dock, both this and the standard mode popped up and I was able to choose which one to default to. After spending a couple of minutes with it I like it a lot especially since it is extremely customizable. I can add whatever apps I like, wherever I want them. Very Google which is Very Nice!
    I've got a long drive today so I'll post more after I truly get a chance to play with it.

If you don't have an appbrain account here's another down load location that makes getting this app super easy!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3607283/com.google.androi...

Hope that helps!

i have it installed and working. Def needed the extra functionality over the stock moto. Baller!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Ok it works fine, and I really like being able to move and reassign buttons. The only thing is I can't add direct dial shortcuts, the option isn't even listed. Am I alone?

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Nope, I dont have the direct dial option either.
    DInc...

Also the phone Dialer is portrait only.........I like the stock CarDock better. This new google version adds alot, but lacks key things I use/like from the DX's CarDock!

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 03cbr954rr View Post
    Also the phone Dialer is portrait only.........I like the stock CarDock better. This new google version adds alot, but lacks key things I use/like from the DX's CarDock!
    I used the new car dock in my actual car dock last night. I got the phone dialer in landscape while it was in my dock.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Neither of the link are leading me to a route to get the app, is there anywhere else to get it?