- 10-01-2010, 10:18 AM #2
- 10-01-2010, 10:50 AM #4
I got this from Droid Life. You can use it without the car dock by doing this:
1. Using AppBrains Fast Web Installer, send the app to install from this page.
2. Once installed, head to home screen with space on it.
3. Hit Menu>Add>Shortcuts>Activities (you need LauncherPro installed).
4. In Activities, scroll down to Car Home and tap on it.
5. Now select Car Home com.google.android.carhome.CarHome.
6. You will now have a shortcut to the app on your homescreen.
I tired it and it works.
- 10-01-2010, 11:12 AM #5
- 10-01-2010, 01:10 PM #6
- 10-01-2010, 01:19 PM #7
- 10-01-2010, 04:53 PM #8
- 155 Posts
Here's the link where I got it from.
Car Home - Android app on AppBrain
I downloaded it onto my computer and dragged it onto my X. At first I couldn't tell it had transferred but once I plugged it into my car dock, both this and the standard mode popped up and I was able to choose which one to default to. After spending a couple of minutes with it I like it a lot especially since it is extremely customizable. I can add whatever apps I like, wherever I want them. Very Google which is Very Nice!
I've got a long drive today so I'll post more after I truly get a chance to play with it.
- 10-01-2010, 04:57 PM #9
- 10-01-2010, 05:52 PM #10
- 10-01-2010, 07:17 PM #12
- 10-02-2010, 01:35 AM #13
- 10-02-2010, 07:13 AM #14
- 10-03-2010, 08:09 PM #15