Anyone else not satisfied for more than a day or 2..

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
with how their DroidX is themed?

I'll make my UI/theme all slick.. then a day later I get bored with it, and re-do it completely.. Am I the only one?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I want to just keep it like it is now, but I know there's cool stuff out there that I'm missing.. =(

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it happens, when i had my d1 i would be changing themes or roms constantly...

what i'm putting together now i think i'll keep for a while, it's taking time to make icons and stuff

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I got mine how I like it. Took some time and work. With Flyx added a black notification bar, black keyboard, black media gallery. Looks nice all blacked out :)

sent by me on my X

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Ok I have been holding off from rooting and trying the roms out there because I am new to the Android game but the black top bar and keyboard looks good, is it only possible to get those rooted with custom roms?
Yes u will need root to access the files to change them. I use Flyx as my rom. Its very plain with just bloat removed and is ready to be themed.

sent by me on my X

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
i think that requires root..

I haven't heavily customized my device, just wallpapers, widgets, livewallpapers.. so many choices.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
My big thing is constantly changing wallpapers to whatever fits my mood at the re
I also tend to change icons around on different screens in a never ending search for what's most efficient. I haven't rooted or themed my phone as I haven't felt the need yet.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok I have been holding off from rooting and trying the roms out there because I am new to the Android game but the black top bar and keyboard looks good, is it only possible to get those rooted with custom roms?

you need root access and the custom recovery (bootstrap) to load themes.

you don't need to load a special rom, but the one your'e running MUST be deodexed.

and you have to be on 2.2 for most of the themes.

zbban1#AC

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
My big thing is constantly changing wallpapers to whatever fits my mood at the re
I also tend to change icons around on different screens in a never ending search for what's most efficient. I haven't rooted or themed my phone as I haven't felt the need yet.

I'll have to agree...I get kind of bored, too, but being new to the X, I don't want to mess things up by doing something like rooting just to have more choices for wallpaper and such. I have noticed that when I do find a nice wallpaper, and download it to the phone in the size it's supposed to be, that when I right click it and save to wallpaper, it comes out looking different (size-wise) on the home screen.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I'll have to agree...I get kind of bored, too, but being new to the X, I don't want to mess things up by doing something like rooting just to have more choices for wallpaper and such. I have noticed that when I do find a nice wallpaper, and download it to the phone in the size it's supposed to be, that when I right click it and save to wallpaper, it comes out looking different (size-wise) on the home screen.

are you expanding the orange box to fill the whole wallpaper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12