Volume Rocker

rfaren23

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Droid X and noticed that when you use the volume rocker it will not cycle though sound,vibrate then silent. Does anyone have a fix for this? I went to a Verizon store and they said it must be because the 2.2 update

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Droid X and noticed that when you use the volume rocker it will not cycle though sound,vibrate then silent. Does anyone have a fix for this? I went to a Verizon store and they said it must be because the 2.2 update

It is a 2.2 update thing. To silence, swipe the other bar on the lockscreen and it will turn off sound and vibrate according to your settings.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Give this a look, its a lock screen replacement but the best part is that you can swipe the slider to left to switch from Audio silent and vibrate. Plus its fully customizable.
screen
screen

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Get Extended Controls from the Market. You will be able to build your own custom widgets that can control 26 different X activities - everything from screen brightness by touch, audio sequence (normal, audio off, and vibrate), keeping the screen on, and switching from 3G to 4G, to controlling auto rotate, the delay in screen dimming, autosync, and more and more.

The widgets can be on black, white or bordered white backgrounds with your choice of colors for labels and on/off indicators.You can make it single button, double, triple or quadruple (or even 5-ple). You can also change the transparency of the backgrounds.

It's an absolutely amazing and incredibly useful app. I have one 4-button on a white background on my main home screen with "torch" (flashlight using either screen or LED), screen brightness adjuster (for when I go into sunlight and can't see the screen), screen always on (for those times I just don't want to deal with auto-dimming), and the Audio manager (normal/vibrate/silent). Then, I have another couple on a different home page with more of the "tools" for the X.

Wish I could post a photo, but don't know how to get pix of screen. Anyway, this is a great app - never had any problems with it operationally. And it puts all sorts of settings at your fingertips.

And, no... this is NOT a paid advertisement and I don't get any $$$ off the recommendation.

Reactions: anon(40252)