DX wont update screen anymore

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Im running into a problem. My droid all of a sudden stops updating certain things on the screen. Like the weather forecast wont change and really strange is the power control widget. For example when you turn bluetooth on you touch the icon, the box highlights and it turns on but the icon on the power control bar wont turn on. Same with the brightness. The function works but the bar icon wont change. If I remove and re add it none of the icons will show up.

Also the audio manager widget wont update as well. And when I read the widget it wont show any volume levels.

When I reboot it all works again but will eventually go back to the non update state.

Anyone else have this problem?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If turning off/on doesn't work, try pulling your battery for several minutes and then re-starting. Sometimes that clears up glitches that accumulate.

Otherwise, you may have a conflict with recently added app(-s). If the battery pull doesn't work, try deleting the most recent app addition. If that doesn't help, then the next most recent... you may have to delete apps back to when it still was working to be sure. You should at least turn off/on after each deletion to give the X a chance to reset and potentially fix the issue.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the problem after I added that app that let's the dx load faster by shutting apps off from start up. I removed it awhile ago when I found it was messing with some widgets but it seems the problem is still there. Next on my list is watchdog. I noticed a running service called toggle widgets. Im wondering if that is messed up.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If battery pulls and clearing the cache don't work, then I suggest learning how to perform a factory reset using RSD lite. It will take you about an hour. You will be back to 2.1 and then will have to re-upgrade to 2.2.

This definitely will clear out any and all conflicts you have going on in your phone.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried clearing cache. How would I do that?

Also have the phone set to night time saver mode.

Last edited:

digitalrio

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Turn power off, then hold the home button and turn power back on. once you see the exclamation hit the search key. That will put you in recovery mode. Then use vol down to select the "clear cache" option. After it tells you that it cleared use the vol up button to select restart (not sure if it does it automatically). You are done!!! Let me know if that worked.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Turn power off, then hold the home button and turn power back on. once you see the exclamation hit the search key. That will put you in recovery mode. Then use vol down to select the "clear cache" option. After it tells you that it cleared use the vol up button to select restart (not sure if it does it automatically). You are done!!! Let me know if that worked.

Ill try that now and report tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12