Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What case works with dock

Is there any cases that work with car and desk docks?

No. Only thing that might work are things like Invisible shield, Phantomskinz, etc. not cases.

I use a TPU case from eBay, and it is easily slipped on and off to use in my car dock, which I use 2x a day. Fits very snugly, and it is flexible enough, but stiff at the same time. I am confident, it will not stretch or get loose over time.
    a little obsessive...

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

If you search the Fourm on the subject there was a post on here where a Member gave detailed instructions and I believe a You Tube video on how to get the Rocketfish case to work with the dock. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Willymakit 75; 10-05-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

wasn't it "rocketfish" as in best buy's in-house brand?
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Yes thats the name....lol

You could always ditch the Verizon dock and get a universal one from Akron for 19 bucks. I bought one a few weeks ago that has multiple attachment options and works with any case that you might have on it.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    You could always ditch the Verizon dock and get a universal one from Akron for 19 bucks. I bought one a few weeks ago that has multiple attachment options and works with any case that you might have on it.
    Does it come with the magnet to put it into car mode?

in the cardock, if you remove the inner piece which seats the un-cased phone, on the back it says that it will fit with 'motorola' cases. Apparently that doesn't mean Verizon cases. Anyone figure that one out?

Quote Originally Posted by Willymakit 75 View Post
    Does it come with the magnet to put it into car mode?
    No, but you do get to it with any case that you like.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/