1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid X with Factory Froyo 2.2 installed

I have a Interesting Question, It appears that alot of folks are having difficulties with the Upgrade Process on THeir Droid X, taking it from 2.1 to Froyo 2.3 or whatever.
    Alot of Times there are Owner Caused Difficulties or Process Induced Difficulties in the Upgrade process. So the Backorder on the "X" is over... Why is it that no one can answer as to why the Replenishment Stock of the Droid X is not coming with 2.2 Froyo Factory Installed?
    Doing so, means a completely Clean Install, instead of installing on top of, or depending that the Upgrade Process works without a hitch.
    I called Motorola PreSales, they couldnt answer me, Maybe one of you Droid Genius's On this Forum would have an answer.

Thank you In advance...

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Just got a new Droid X with factory 2.2 installed. I saw a post yesterday with same so it looks like they got caught up.

When I got my re-furbished X, it came with 2.2 installed and I'm still having issues so they're sending me another one.

The replacement I just got has 2.2 and it was new in box.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    My phone is....Incredible!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default 2.2 Replacement

So the question is, How is your Droid X working, any problems? I wonder if getting a Factory installed 2.2 Droid X will solve some of these issues?

I just ordered a replacement X yesterday and it should be here today. I'm hoping is has 2.2 installed on it out of the box.

Just got mine with 2.2 yesterday, no problems at all

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

I can't speak about prior OS versions, but 2.2 seems Near flawless.
    Isuues;
    Speed Dial has issues assigning contacts. I have been only able to asign one and she has a picture. I should try a batery pull. Maybe its like BB.
    Battery level page has a problem when I tap the battery. Its works about 20% of the time with some error message then it closes.
    I cannot add pictures to contacts that wernt taken with the phone. I popped out my BB card and stuck it in the DX and it worked great. When I size the picture and "Save" it disapears and nothing happens.

Other than some minor issues this OS is a 9/10 imo. Compared to BB release its a 12/10. If that makes sense. It has really blown my mind. I guess I had set my expectations a little low, or BB has kept me in the Dark Ages. Either way I am happy now!

Edit: I was able to assign pictures to contacts by first going to the picture and selecting "Set As" and then then contact. I am now up to two in my speed dial after repeated attempts have failed for more.
    Last edited by NewAge; 10-07-2010 at 02:51 PM.

I did get my replacement today. Had 2.2 on it and went very smooth loading everything up. Much better than the last one.

I got my Droid X around the same time as the official 2.2 was released (a bit over a week ago) and it came with 2.1. I used it for a couple of days before upgrading to 2.2 and the upgrade went smoothly and the phone has worked great.

upgraded to 2.2 - seemed to work. now find that I cannot assign a ringtone to my contacts - choice does not exist...
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

I just got mine yesterday. Upgraded from a Droid 1. No problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by voyageurs60 View Post
    upgraded to 2.2 - seemed to work. now find that I cannot assign a ringtone to my contacts - choice does not exist...
    Go to a contact. Menu button. Edit. Scroll down to Additional info. Touch the arrow on the right. Scroll down and you can edit Ringtone under Call Handling.

Picked my replacement up today in the Vzn Store. It came preloaded with 2.2. Yay!

Hmmm, just got home with a brand new Droid X but still 2.1-update1.

Edit: Checked for available updates and ~4 minutes later I am now on 2.2!!!
    The woman at the verizon store said she didnt know when froyo was coming to the X.
    I returned my Fascinate so now this X is my first smartphone!
    Last edited by Kurolover35; 10-07-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

I am finding most of my issues have work arounds. You just need to think like a googlian.