Trouble holding WIFI while on call...

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
My Droid X holds WIFI connection beautifully in my house...until I make a phone call. About half the time, I can continue web browsing through WIFI while on a call (using BT headset), but then it will suddenly drop the WIFI connection at times. Once WIFI is lost, I cannot reconnect until the call is over. Of course this seems to happen when I am truly needing to access something on the web while talking on the phone...

Does anyone else have this issue? My WIFI connection when not on a call seems as good or better with Froyo compared to 2.1, but I don't remember having this issue during phone calls prior to the upgrade. Any suggestions to help make it work better?

Thanks

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Make sure the sleep policy is set to never.

I will try that. I had it set to sleep with screen off. Not sure how changing it to Never would solve the problem since my screen was usually on when I suddenly would lose the connection- ie, I would usually be on the call and looking something up via WIFI internet. Would work fine at first, then suddenly it would drop WIFI and be unable to recobnect until the call was over.
I will be curious to see the impact on batterry life as well- I'm happy to leave the sleep policy on Never if it fixes the issue and doesn't kill my battery.
Any other ideas?
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I too have this issue (with my Droid Incredible) and it is really anoyning - I was at a customer site on a long confrence call and connected to their WiFi - after a short time on the call my WiFi dropped and I could not reconnect until AFTER the call ended. I think this may be a new behavior since install Froyo, but I can not be sure. I have searched a fair amount many places, but have not seen many refrences to the issue.

*update*
I was just connected to my corporate network via WiFi for 20+ minutes whilst on a confrence call - SO it may be due to they type of network or the type of security.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci