Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Barcode scanner won't work

Does anyone else have problems with their barcode scanner? I'm using this barcode scanner:

Barcode Scanner - Android app on AppBrain

and also ShopSavvy and can never get them to scan barcodes. It's like they wont focus at all and the barcodes look blurry in the finder. My barcode scanners worked perfectly the first couple months I had the phone. I'm using Froyo on my DX.

It should be continuosly focusing until it grabs a sucessful scan.
    Check that your autofocus is working when taking close up pics.

If it still doesn't work in either the camera or barcode app you need to do a factory reset. If it works ok in camera mode and not in barcode app a factory reset will fix it. If not contact vzw to get a replacement phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Try turning on the flash, I had the same problem until I enabled use flash for scanning

How close are you holding it to the barcode? Sometimes the barcode scanner doesn't work, and when that happens it's usually the case that I'm scanning the barcode too closely.

I used that same b/c scanner and then downloaded Google Shopper and it works better for me.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Okay I just realized the camera is not autofocusing. How do I turn this on? When I hold the camera up to the barcode (which has some text above it), I cannot read the text at all. It is blurry. This is the same in the barcode app and the camera app. I just did a factory reset two weeks ago.

Default Re: Barcode scanner won't work

how to do the autofocusing

Default Re: Barcode scanner won't work

I have the exact same problem with my Moto X. It will not focus with any of the scanners I use. It does not matter what if it is a bar code or a QR code. The phone will NOT focus no matter what I try.
    Very frustrating to say the least.