A penny for your thoughts!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
okay so the iphone will be with Verizon next year. What are you Guys thoughts on this now that the Droidx etcetera's are out. Who will be willing to trade out there droids? Do you think there will be a decline in Droid sales. To me the X is the best! But what are you guys thoughts on this announcement! What effects will this have on our beloved Droids X's!

Last edited:

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Droid X had already proven its superiority and im sure you will get a few to switch back to the I phone and a few who do switch back to the I phone to shortly return to android.

Its all a matter of preferance and I think I phone has list its edge to android why else would they be willing to stop their exclusive sale rights with att? Because they are losing to android.

I wanted an I phone but an glad I ended up with an x.

Sent from my DROID X using my fingers!

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought I wanted an iphone when I learned of the X. even with all the glitches from froyo, which I will surely be able to take care of when I have the time, the X is the best. I recently got an ipod touch and frankly, I don't get it. What is so great? I am glad I could get all the levels on angry birds but other than that, give me a Droid any day!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Droid X had already proven its superiority and i'm sure you will get a few to switch back to the I phone and a few who do switch back to the I phone to shortly return to android.

Its all a matter of preference and I think I phone has list its edge to android why else would they be willing to stop their exclusive sale rights with att? Because they are losing to android.

I wanted an I phone but an glad I ended up with an x.

Sent from my DROID X using my fingers!

"I think I phone has list its edge to android why else would they be willing to stop their exclusive sale rights with att?"

I totally felt this way! When I heard the announcement this morning I felt that Iphone makers woke up. They seen how VZ customers reacted to the droid and now they realized how " Exclusive" made them no money! I personally will ride with Google I think this will make Google come even better on there phones!

Last edited:

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
One thing I can think of for wanting the iphone back is computer backup and restore. With android, you have to reload each app individually and reset each contacts ringtone.
If google were to fix this, I wouldnt consider getting the iphone again.
One negative would be going back to a smaller screen.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
IMO the iphone doesn't offer me anything I can't already do with the dx .I have no plans to change it for the iphone

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
Back when I had my Blackberry, I would have got an iphone when it came to vzw. Now that I have my x I don't see me ever leaving Android.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
okay so the iphone will be with Verizon next year.

How do you know? It hasn't been officially announced. Any news out there is only rumor.

If I wanted an iPhone, I would have gotten one by now. But I don't want one. I don't use and have never used anything that has anything to do with iTunes -- ever. I haven't touched Apple products since I had a Mac in college over 10 years ago, and I'm just fine keeping it that way.

And my thoughts are worth more than a penny.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Back when I had my Blackberry, I would have got an iphone when it came to vzw. Now that I have my x I don't see me ever leaving Android.

I totally agree with this! Also, from what I've read, there are limitations on the ability to "personalize" the iPhone. With the X, the sky's the limit. It's user friendly out of the box, but can handle the worst of the techie instincts ... and thrive.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Has this been officially announced?

It was officially announced this morning on the news. Not in a rumor form they said that the Iphone is ending the exclusiveness with ATT. Stopped me in my tracks when I heard it. I they are putting it on national news I think it's pretty real!!!

But Really we already knew this was going to happen right!!!

This was posted today and yesterday!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/20...t_says_apple_exclusive_agreement_with_at.html

http://money.cnn.com/2010/10/07/technology/verizon_4g/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...ffering-iphone-ending-at-t-s-exclusivity.html

Last edited:

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
This was posted today and yesterday!

And back in March, also started by the WSJ:
WSJ: Apple's iPhone Coming to Verizon Wireless - DailyFinance

It's one of those persistent rumors that's always been floating around. It used to be that Apple may profit from it by having Verizon diehards hold off on buying Android/BB/whatever in hopes the iPhone lands. Now I think it hurts Apple as people stop upgrading their iPhones on AT&T to avoid contracts. Whatever the motivation, don't believe it until you see it but eventually the rumor may be true.

If it were a sane company I'd say it's not going to happen, why introduce your first CDMA phone on the dawn of the LTE era. But Apple actually released a 2G version of the iPhone well after 3G was well deployed only to make their customers upgrade a year later.

jahoobob

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I would take an iPhone to replace my X if I got it for free and you gave me $199.99 for the X. I would then sell the iPhone and buy a brand new X and have little money left over.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
And back in March, also started by the WSJ:
WSJ: Apple's iPhone Coming to Verizon Wireless - DailyFinance

It's one of those persistent rumors that's always been floating around. It used to be that Apple may profit from it by having Verizon diehards hold off on buying Android/BB/whatever in hopes the iPhone lands. Now I think it hurts Apple as people stop upgrading their iPhones on AT&T to avoid contracts. Whatever the motivation, don't believe it until you see it but eventually the rumor may be true.

If it were a sane company I'd say it's not going to happen, why introduce your first CDMA phone on the dawn of the LTE era. But Apple actually released a 2G version of the iPhone well after 3G was well deployed only to make their customers upgrade a year later.

True but I actually seen it on the news this morning. When its beyond internet and in millions of homes live broadcast I would think its pretty real!

Would Apple or verizon had let this out, if they have kept managed to keep this out of live media these last 2 years. So far was only on the internet, not a lot of live broadcast now it's a live broadcast.

like I said earlier we knew this was going to happen!!!

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
It was officially announced this morning on the news. Not in a rumor form they said that the Iphone is ending the exclusiveness with ATT. Stopped me in my tracks when I heard it. I they are putting it on national news I think it's pretty real!!!

But Really we already knew this was going to happen right!!!

This was posted today and yesterday!!

iPhone coming to Verizon next year, report says: Apple exclusive agreement with AT&T would end

Connecting the dots to a 4G Verizon iPhone - Oct. 7, 2010

Verizon Wireless Said to Start Offering IPhone in January - Bloomberg

Can you read? There's nothing official in any of those links. No one from Apple or Verizon has confirmed it.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I'll bet the rumors about Qualcomm, CDMA, and Apple have way more to do with a Verizon iPad than a CDMA iPhone.
I don't think ATT has exclusivity on the iPad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae